The Second Annual Masstoberfest 10/3/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
OK guys and girls,
Time to start planning the second Masstoberfest. The NEW DATE for the party is going to be Saturday Oct 3rd

This year I think we should have a real homebrew competition in conjunction with the pigroast/BBQ. I'm sure we can get an adequate number of qualified judges between the Worts and SSBC. We can do it a couple of ways, either we do a no fee - no prize competition or we do a minimal fee - tee shirt type prize comp. We should consider wether we want to have the competition limited to people who show up (I think we had around 45 people at last years event) or do we open it up to non-attendees? I'm ok with doing it either way.

For those of you who haven't made it to one of our rather frequent get togethers, we do it this way. I'll roast a whole hog and have a bunch of brews on tap. The rest of it is a potluck think, everyone brings a dish of something and it all goes on a common table. Everyone is encouraged to bring some of their homebrew to share. (Wether we end up doing a competition or not, if you made it and are proud of it bring it along to share with us.)

Who's in?

PTN

yeah Paul, I'll try to be there again. As far as a competition goes, I'm game, but would be suprised to even be an honorable mention... I'll bring a cutting board this year also ;)

I'll bring a cutting board this year also ;)

It's up to you, Hip, but if I were you I wouldn't go anywhere near Alice's kitchen this time or it might get ugly.

1248787670.jpg

PTN

The next weekend would clash with GABF

Well, I'm not going to Denver and Masstoberfest don't cost $85 for a ticket so I'm not really worried that half the crowd that might otherwise come will be in the Mile High City. We'll have our own GABF, just smaller. (A LOT smaller, I hope or Alice will kill me!)

PTN

Sorry Paul, I know I told you I'd make it, But I forgot my sister is getting married the next day. I'll be heading up to NH on Saturday..#&^%**^!!!!!!I hate missing your parties....My only hope is my sister or the groom doesn't going through with it..

If you do change it. Any Saturday other than that one or any in OCT would be good..

Oh wow... a pig roast with a homebrew competition... what an incredibly original idea!! Lemme guess, you're going to make up some andouille sausage and have a big slip and slide too??

Why don't you just host this thing in my backyard too??

Should I invite my parents?

Nope... don't worry Paul... as it looks right now, I'll DEFINITELY be there!!!!

I would offer to bring the Duchess but I'm sure she'll be long gone by then.

I might be able to make this I am getting married the 19th so I am glad you are not doing it that weekend.

I will see what the rest of the club is doing as well.

I'm unlucky enough to not be able to make it this year... :-( Meghan is getting Christened that day (not with a bottle of cider...)... Then having a party at the house after... :(

You can count on Leah and I being there unless it is the same weekend as either the Bennington, VT show or Adirondak Nationals... :)

~~~Insert sound of wheels screaching and car crashing into a brick wall here~~~

Sorry folks, but I need to reschedule.

My aunt has been a nun for 60 years and my mother and her other sisters are having a big party for her on the same day I was going to do the Octoberfest. Needless to say, it's not something I can miss.

Sooooo, for now we're on hold. That weekend is definetly a no go. I might be able to reschedule for the first weekend in Oct but I need to confirm that with SWMBO.

Sorry if that messes with anyones plans. I wasn't in the loop on my aunts' party planning and was pretty surprised myself when I got the invite in the mail.

PTN

I'm up for round two. Especially if Malana is making applecake again. I say the brewing competition should be for people who show up. if you open it to all then you might have a full day of judging beers.

Not to steal your thunder Paul, but the chilli chowder fest is happening on Sept 16th. Anyone interested in meeting up there? Its lots of eating for $10 bucks, plus beer and live music.

Chili Chowda Fest 2009
Saturday, Sept 26 !
12 noon - 6pm
Must be 21+, no pets
$10 donation - benefits various charities.
Includes unlimited chili/chowder samples, live band.
Cash bar and cheap draft beer!

East Bridgewater Commercial Club
1 Nielsen Ave, East Bridgewater, MA 02333

Ok everyone,

The new date is going to be the first Saturday in Oct, 10/3. I got the ok from SWMBO today and don't have any famobs then so that's the day. Let the chatter and planning commence.

Has anyone brewed anything for the comp yet? I've got the Porter Square and some Belgian funkeadelic brew that I'm proud of. I might get a chance to do something else between now and then, too.

PTN

Damn, you had to choose the wife birthday. She said if I go to not bother coming home. Damn I'm going to miss my dog.

Nothing like drinking homebrew, eating pig and filling up on some fine deserts on a nice October Saturday..Doesn't get much better than that..

Hey, who's thinking about signing up for the ompetition and what are you thinking of entering.

I'm going to enter my porter, a Belgian funkadelic that I have going on downstairs and maybe my IPA.

I'll enter. I have a Milk stout and my own Imperial Oatmeal Stout. maybe my Bohemien Pils will be ready.

10/3 should work for me as well. I expect the only competition I'll be entering is pig eating, but I'll see if some magic can happen.

Back