Why on Earth =/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew502

Reaction score
:drunk:
Ok so i deicided for my first brew ever I would brew a beer I havent really tried and that is Irish Stout ......I had no clue what to expect from this brew so I was sailing into uncharted waters lol

It benifited me tho because Im driking one right now and it came out wonderfully :D
Everyone who has tried it says it tastes awesome =]

Im so proud of it :mug:

Serendipity! I have brewed styles I have never tried because I can't get them and it is always fun. Did you brew it from a kit? If you get a chance sometime, after all of yours are done of course, see if you can get Guiness Stout or Guiness Draught. I think most 1/2 decent liquor stores, even in the sticks where I live have Guiness. Anyhow try one of those sometime to give you a taste the benchmark stout.

The Irish Stout was the first thing I brewed also. :) It was a MountMalick(sp?) stout kit with some dark dme added in. People who tried it said they did think it tasted real similar to the Guinness Stout.

I used the brewers best kit and everybody who has tried it said it tastes like guinness with out that sour bite from the lactic acid =] so im happy about it

I tried some guinness draught in the widget can and they were right tastes close but i prefer mine over the can lol.....Biased much lol

The Irish Stout was the first thing I brewed also. :) It was a MountMalick(sp?) stout kit with some dark dme added in. People who tried it said they did think it tasted real similar to the Guinness Stout.

I've made this same recipe: 1 can, 1 bag dark DME, a little extra hops, for serveral years. Very easy batch to make, and on tap, nice thick creamy head. It is a perrenial favorite of mine.

My current keg is getting pretty light, but my first all-grain stout is aging in the keg now.

Latest posts

Back