Having dreams about new brews now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
Since taking up homebrewing, the conquest for the better beer has begun. Normally the trip to the store entailed a 6er of Sammy Adams (possibly one of the seasonals to experiment) and that was that. Now when I go to the store, I try to look along the lines of what I LIKE and what I might want to brew in the future. Not realizing how much of a beer virgin I am, I have taken the crash course in beer styles and kind of found what I enjoy and what is just nasty (to me)

Except the elusive barley wine. I still havent stumbled across a BW yet, but Im obviously curious as my dream last night revolved around getting one (and strangely enough) a post from here was the basis of it. I found myself in an ABC store asking the clerk if they had any barleywines available. She proceeded to tell me that I was in luck as they were no longer regulated by the ABC but they still had a couple left.

The BW in my dream was a 40oz bottle of a hot pink liquid (rather reminiscent of that red banana MD20/20 that had me hanging onto the bathroom floor back in the Navy days)

Now Im going to have to get a bottle just to verify 'it was all just a dream'
-Me

Since taking up homebrewing, the conquest for the better beer has begun. Normally the trip to the store entailed a 6er of Sammy Adams (possibly one of the seasonals to experiment) and that was that. Now when I go to the store, I try to look along the lines of what I LIKE and what I might want to brew in the future. Not realizing how much of a beer virgin I am, I have taken the crash course in beer styles and kind of found what I enjoy and what is just nasty (to me)

Except the elusive barley wine. I still havent stumbled across a BW yet, but Im obviously curious as my dream last night revolved around getting one (and strangely enough) a post from here was the basis of it. I found myself in an ABC store asking the clerk if they had any barleywines available. She proceeded to tell me that I was in luck as they were no longer regulated by the ABC but they still had a couple left.

The BW in my dream was a 40oz bottle of a hot pink liquid (rather reminiscent of that red banana MD20/20 that had me hanging onto the bathroom floor back in the Navy days)

Now Im going to have to get a bottle just to verify 'it was all just a dream'
-Me

joe... ahh man were you drinking any Apfelwein before this?? or perhaps useing shrooms??... I had a BW once, a comerical one i think, i dont remember the name but my uncle gave it to me one fourth and said "here drink this it will make you feel like a man"... he was joking, it make me feel like i had to pee... but i remember it having a pleasent balance and a decent kick... maybe it was one of his HB BW's i have yet to ask him if he brewed it all these years later... but it was good i remeber... i remember watching the fireworks on my thrid bottle and thinking..."ohhh pretty colors"

cheers

Both...
Once upon a time I earned my fungi thumb and know entirely too much about mushrooms.
And yes, the Apfelwein kicked my ass as well. Although I think I might make up another batch of it for others. Its not exactly a fav of mine, but I think it will being people back. (And keep the SWMBO off of my arse from time to time.)
-Me

LOL I just reread your post and gathered what you were saying!

Fortunately (or unfortunately) this is just how my brain works.
I get that sort of question quite often from others. :p
-Me

Welcome Joe - seems like you're in the same boat I am. I posted a very similar thread awhile ago!

I love this hobby :rockin:

Back