Hazed & Infused

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Anyone else tried Hazed & Infused from Boulder Beer Co.? Awesome stuff. Incredible Hop aroma and bitterness, with just a tiny little bit of malt peeking through. Not for the faint of heart.

alemonkey said:
Anyone else tried Hazed & Infused from Boulder Beer Co.? Awesome stuff. Incredible Hop aroma and bitterness, with just a tiny little bit of malt peeking through. Not for the faint of heart.

Wish I could get some.....

I like hazed & infused OK: it's a little out of balance (hops dominate everything) IMHO.

I'm pretty sure it's dryhopped with Chinook, so it has that harsher flavor element that some folks don't care for in Chinook.

If it were, say, 10 gravity points higher with the same hopping schedule, I bet I'd like it a lot better (i.e. there'd be a touch of maltiness to round out the massive hop flavor).

It's an interesting beer, though: probably something I'd order on a hot day at a bar where the drafts are served very cold. (I think I taste the hops more in a very cold beer, and since hops are really all there is to taste in this one...) I've had a few sessions of these at the sports bar I go to to watch football games sometimes.

I have been drinking both that and their IPA. I like them both. THe Hazed is dryhopped with crystal and centennial, not chinook, which is the base bitter. I did my own little taste test of those two boulder beers and Victory hopdevil recently and I really liked both of the Boulder beers better--Victory has that "grassy" flavor that I do not care for and I wish I knew what hop it was so I could stay away from it. I like the bite and citrus flavors from chinook, centennial and cacade, which are all in the hazed beer. Unfortunately, I can't remeber if I like the IPA better than the dry-hopped ale or vice versa. oh well. one of them reminds me a little of Flying Dog's pale ale.

you Colorado dudes are lucky.

I just finished a sixer of the stuff. Well I'm pretty sure Im going to give dry hopping a shot next time around now. The aroma and flavor were really good. The hops did dominate, but thats exactly what I was in the mood for. Hot day + cold hoppy beer = :mug:

Chimone said:
The aroma and flavor were really good. The hops did dominate, but thats exactly what I was in the mood for. Hot day + cold hoppy beer = :mug:

I'll second this. Hazed and Infuzed had a great pronunciated citrus dry hop. Wish I would have saved a few for some of the warm days coming up....

Anyone have a clone recipe for this? This is the second 6 pack i have had of this stuff and i think its my favorite beer right now.

I think i could piece something together off of their website since they list all the ingredients but was hoping someone had already tried:mug:

http://www.boulderbeer.com/

cnapierala said:
Thanks. Ill be doing a extract brew but i think i can work from what they have there and maybe substitute a bit.

IIRC there is a discussion about converting the recipe to extract near the end. :fro:

Had it last summer at the Portland Fest. I like their IPA better. H&I is a bit like chewing on a 19.7% AA pellet (which I did at the same fest).

I really like H&I. I had my first one late last Spring. Now, I try and pick some up when it's on sale. I even got a sixer for a friend for his birthday. I'm about due for another sixer myself!

Rhoobarb said:
I really like H&I. I had my first one late last Spring. Now, I try and pick some up when it's on sale. I even got a sixer for a friend for his birthday. I'm about due for another sixer myself!

Hey Ill join you. Im going to pick up a sixer on the way home tonight.

Guess I'm digging up quite an old thread, but I was at the liquor store today and wanted to try something new so I picked up a 6 pack of this. It smells like a giant hop and when it was cold it pretty much tasted like a giant hop, but after it warmed up a bit there were some nice hints of the malt coming through.

Not exactly thirst quenching, but it did grow on me as I drank it. Not something I would drink all the time, but maybe pick some up every once in a while.

Their brewery is kind of scary when you tour it (nothing like the sparkling clean facilities most breweries maintain), but their beers range from good to excellent. Hazed & Infused is one of my favorites. If I am not mistaken, they are the oldest still operating microbrewery in the U.S.

Back