Sizzling cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusmundus

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm giving my first go at cider making, starting out with a Mangrove Jack apple cider kit. I'm at day 4 of primary, and when I woke up this morning, I peeked under the lid to see if the krausen had dropped, or if I should wait one more day to rack, and there was zero foam left, but the surface was fizzing like a freshly cracked can of club soda ! Is this normal, or has some sort of wild yeast been introduced?? Cheers !

Alright, so I'm giving my first go at cider making, starting out with a Mangrove Jack apple cider kit. I'm at day 4 of primary, and when I woke up this morning, I peeked under the lid to see if the krausen had dropped, or if I should wait one more day to rack, and there was zero foam left, but the surface was fizzing like a freshly cracked can of club soda ! Is this normal, or has some sort of wild yeast been introduced?? Cheers !

Normal. I always leave my ciders in the primary at least 14 days, just as a matter of practice.

MC

Thank god, I've never seen this in ANY of my beer worts before, so it came as quite a surprise. This kit in particular doesn't even call for a secondary fermentation, however my LHBS does up their own instructions for all Mangrove Jack kits, and call for racking after 3-5 days like most extract brews. I think I'll rack now. Thanks man.

Back