Just bottled my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grem135

Reaction score
14 days in the primary for my english brown ale and it tastes much better than it did when I checked fg after 8 days.
I mixed up my sanitizer and put it in my bottle bucket with all the other stuff that needed sanitized.. then got the idea to run it through my bottle wand into my already cleaned bottles, give a shake and pour back into bucket... sure hope that is good enough to sanitize them :)

I picked up some Newcastle to drink while bottling. Hope it helps the long wait for my brew to condition. :mug:

Hey man, congrats! Sounds like a good sanitation technique.

Any little bit helps. I'm on week 2 and I've cracked a couple prematurely... kind of fun to see the progress.

brewed that in a bucket but I have a witbeir in the carboy I brewed monday. Damn ugly looking stuff but sure smells good. Being able to see the process is awesome but I might have freaked out about its looks if I hadn't read about it in here.

2 weeks since bottled and I just have to try one, I put 1 bottle in the fridge for this weekend.... I know I should wait 3 weeks on this one but... It's my first brew!!!! I'm surprized I only put 1 bottle in the fridge! :rockin:

grem135 said:
2 weeks since bottled and I just have to try one, I put 1 bottle in the fridge for this weekend.... I know I should wait 3 weeks on this one but... It's my first brew!!!! I'm surprized I only put 1 bottle in the fridge! :rockin:

I feel ya!!
Did our first brew on Monday.. Tonight will be day 3... I am already anxious!! ;) I don't even bottle for another maybe 2 weeks!

Good Luck!! :)

It's your beer, so if you want to drink it early, go for it - but please, don't come back and start a thread about how your green beer has a funny off taste/is bitter/lacks body/is flat. :)

Realize that even after that three weeks is up, lots of beers will still improve with a little age.

Well I tried out the english brown ale today. I was expecting a rough green beer after only 2 weeks in the bottle and the errors made while brewing (steeping temp was hard to keep under control).
I can't believe I made that!!! it's great and can only get better with more aging. I think having Newcastle Brown Ale, Schlafly Hefeweizen and New Belgian 1554 in the fridge I just might be able to resist "sampling" again till its truly ready....... wish me luck.
Glad I only put 1 in the fridge lol.

IMAG0097 (Mobile).jpg

I usually check a bottle after a week with every batch :D The good thing about it is its almost always better after a few more.

I'm right at the same place. 4 weeks in primary, now it's bottle time!

Partial mash Fat Tire clone from Hopdawgs.ca Can't wait to get this in the bottle and try it. Gonna have to stock up on some craft brews to get me through. Been pretty stoked on the offerings from Okanagan Springs Brewery and Yukon Brewing lately. Gotta keep it Canadian. There's always Maudite as well. I should be good until this is ready. . .I hope. I am sure I'll pop more than one early!

Back