Perpetual NY/NJ/CT bulk grain thread?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know some other local guys i could ask also that would probably be in for some sacks but it looks like the pallet is almost full, if it isnt already.

I'd be in for 1 sack of CM-PALE if anyone in central/south jersey is willing to pick it up from NY and bring it a little closer for me.

For all the Central and south jersey boys, if the sack count is higher than will fit in my jetta I'll kick SWMBO out of the SUV and pick up for folks. I'm just 10 minutes off of exit 109. And I take crystal malts and specialties as thank you's for making the trek :)

One big heads up, if the pick up is the 28th of jan to feb 11th I'll be in Florida for the super bowl and won't be able pick up.

Could you please change my bag to Maris Otter instead of 2-row? Thanks!

Also, if there's still some specialty grains to go around I'm up for splitting (10-15 lbs) of chocolate malt in addition to the crystal 60 i mentioned before.

jaginger

ok.. i hear ya, tell you what.. i will take a double share of honey malt you take a double of chocolate or whatever your choice malt is?>> sorry for a late reply it was a strange weekend..

Hey pickledherring -- I really like the idea, just wondering if we're all going to be able to agree on malts we can all use. I know I could use some aromatic, for example, but definitely don't need any wheat or honey malt.

If the breakdown was to be 11# each, I'd be interested in:

Aromatic
chocolate
acidulated
Roasted Barley
flaked maize
flaked rice

Also, we're going to have to take a total bag count before we finalize something like this. I'm not sure if NCM will allow more than 40 bags on a pallet, and we probably don't want to wait for a second pallet to fill up before we place the order. I will finalize what I need with my brew buddy this weekend and we can go from there.

ok.. i hear ya, tell you what.. i will take a double share of honey malt you take a double of chocolate or whatever your choice malt is?>> sorry for a late reply it was a strange weekend.. let me know what you think

how many sacks are there so far? i dont need it but i would be in for sack of pilsner to help fill the pallet if pickledherrin doesnt mind picking it up. if hops are included(im not sure how NCM counts them for the pallet/shipping charge) i would be interested in half a pound of simcoe or northernbrewer.

i can set up a excel spreadsheet like last time if we want, shouldent take to long since i would just have to change the names and update the numbers

cool man.. i will split the hops with you as well, simcoe or northernbrewer? either or both is cool with me at these prices..

Any update, I realize this is probably tough to organize just wondering where we stand. If you need any help lmk.

they updated the shipping costs into the price book. if we get a full pallet(42 sacks), pallet rate to metro NYC would be $115(they also note this is the maximum pallet rate but i bet we get charged the max). plus 15% fuel charge($17.25) = about $135.
comes out to only $2.75 per sack. also theyll add up to $75 fee if theres not shipping dock.
so a sack of cmc 2row would only be $23.10 plus 2.75 so 26

115.00 FR + 17.25 FSC + 15.00 HMTF + 75.00 LG= 222.25 / 42 = $ 5.30 per sack rounded up. $3.50 a sack with a loading dock.

Do they have or charge a sales tax on malts being shipped within the state of NY?

they updated the shipping costs into the price book. if we get a full pallet(42 sacks), pallet rate to metro NYC would be $115(they also note this is the maximum pallet rate but i bet we get charged the max). plus 15% fuel charge($17.25) = about $135.
comes out to only $2.75 per sack. also theyll add up to $75 fee if theres not shipping dock.
so a sack of cmc 2row would only be $23.10 plus 2.75 so 26

Thanks bkov. I'll verify everything when I call for a quote.

115.00 FR + 17.25 FSC + 15.00 HMTF + 75.00 LG= 222.25 / 42 = $ 5.30 per sack rounded up. $3.50 a sack with a loading dock.

Do they have or charge a sales tax on malts being shipped within the state of NY?

This is going to my studio which has a loading dock, so no $75 lift gate fee.

Shouldn't do. Malt is a food, and non taxable.

-a.

It looks like we're basically full here, at 42 bags. I updated the tally on the first post, including maltster codes. I did my best to split bags as requested. If everyone could please check their order and either confirm or request changes, that would be great. As soon as we're all confirmed, I'll call North Country for a quote including shipping, and post total amounts due. Once all payments are received, I'll place the order. Thanks to everyone for coming together and making this happen!

Awesome, thanks for doing it Josh.

Somewhere along the line, I changed the 2-row in my order to Maris Otter, but the first post still shows me getting the 2-row. Could you change that up for me please? Crystal 60 and chocolate remain the same.

thanks!
jason

Also, when you are all checking over your order details in post #1, please make sure the maltsters are correct. When you requested "2 row", I picked Canada, and when you requested "Maris Otter", I picked Baird's. If you prefer something different, please post accordingly. Thanks!

Looks good to me, I was hoping to split the specialties up a little more though...probably never going to use a 1/3 bag of some of this stuff. Anyone want to get in on that besides shecky, josh, and wilser?

Otherwise maybe we can drop a couple so more guys can get in for full sacks of 2 row?

Looks good to me, I was hoping to split the specialties up a little more though...probably never going to use a 1/3 bag of some of this stuff. Anyone want to get in on that besides shecky, josh, and wilser?

Otherwise maybe we can drop a couple so more guys can get in for full sacks of 2 row?
Good point on that...I am listed for 1/3 bag of chocolate, but it's going to take me 3 years to go through 18-19 pounds of it. I'd be happy to drop my request there.

1/4 bag of crystal 60 is fine for me though.

I'm interested in any portion of crystal 60 that people want to part out up to 10 lbs. I'll take up to 5lbs of wheat malt too if that helps anyone. I'm fine with the canadian 2 row and bairds MO.

Good point on that...I am listed for 1/3 bag of chocolate, but it's going to take me 3 years to go through 18-19 pounds of it. I'd be happy to drop my request there.

1/4 bag of crystal 60 is fine for me though.

Yea I mean to go through 18lbs of chocolate, Roasted Barley, Special Aromatic, Flaked Corn, Flaked Rice is going to take me more than a year.

The Wheat I'll use, the honey malt I have in pale ales but the others I would be making recipes just to use the others.

I know I said I'd be in for some but I didn't expect it to be so much...sorry.

So really right now this should be my order
1 x CMC 2002 2 row, 1/4 x GWMC GW-C60 crystal 60, 1/3 x GB GB501 Honey Malt, 1/3 x CMC 4074 Wheat
and then however we are doing the mystery munich/vienna bag.

Yeah, I'll let you guys know if anyone backs out. If not, you'll be first on the list for the next order. If we keep this tally going and the thread active so people see it, I'm sure we'll have enough demand to place an order every couple months or so.

I'd jump in on some wheat, too. It will also take me forever to go through 1/2 bags of 60 and Munich/Vienna if anybody wants to jump in there.
if you have xtra munich/vienna i would be happy to go in as well..

i could use most any specialty grains if anyone has extra i would split..

Shecky, I'm down with splitting your order on C60 and Munich. I'm not picky nor do I care if I have more than I think i'll use :)

flananuts and shecky: please let me know whether you want Munich or Vienna and from which maltster. Thanks!

if you have xtra munich/vienna i would be happy to go in as well..

i could use most any specialty grains if anyone has extra i would split..

I transferred the specialty grains that magnj decided against to you. Please let me know if you want less of any of them.

How about adding a second pallet? How many more bags would be needed?

I think one pallet will be enough of a job for me to sort out and handle this time around; plus, I think we're all eager to place the order. But continue to add shopping lists to the thread to get the next order started. If someone else can take a turn and manage the next order, that would be great.

correction i dont need 2 x CMC 2060 pale, i need 2 x CMC 2002 2 row please correct my order. are we ready to order? send me a PM.

correction i dont need 2 x CMC 2060 pale, i need 2 x CMC 2002 2 row please correct my order. are we ready to order? send me a PM.

Correction made. We're almost there, just trying to finalize all these split specialty grains and get a final confirmation from everyone, and then I'll get a quote from North Country and post total payment due for each brewer.

Back