2 Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdtexas

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and just bought the Midwest 2 keg setup. Two quick questions

1. I typically harvest yeast from my bottles for the next batch. What is the best solution here? Should I bottle at least one growler to be able to harvest the yeast again?

2. I will use a refrigerator. After initial carbonation, do you disconnect the Co2 between sessions, or leave it on at whatever psi you are dialed into?

thanks

Dont bottle in a growler. They generally cant handle the pressure and you will have a giant bottle bomb. Your best bet to save yeast is to harvest it after primary fermentations. Do a search for yeast washing and you will find some threads on how to do this.

After initial carbonation, leave the Co2 hooked up to the keg. If you have it set to the PSI for the carbonation level you want, it will maintain you beer at that PSI.

I just bought the 2 keg setup from Midwest and I love it!

Back