Who's in or around New York City?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffNYC

Reaction score
Just wondered how many people brew in New York City. I'm surprised there are no brew shops in a city of 8 million..without driving to Queens. Business opportunity?

We've got three brick and mortar brew shops in Suffolk County. And the closest is still about a 50 min drive for me. Not sure if it's a business opportunity. I don't get the impression that brew shops are very successful. Most seem to stay afloat because of the wine crowd. I bought enough ingredients recently for 5 brews for around a $100.

I heard that Beerkraft over in Brooklyn might be selling brew supplies. Is that true? I know you can get great cheese there, but it's been awhile since I've been over to Park Slope and I don't remember seeing any brew supplies when I was there last (maybe three years ago).

Ok I've gotta give party creations in red hook a plug here. It's a nice drive up rt 9 but a long drive for 'city slickers'. Visit me on the way up.

Saw Party Creations in the yellow pages. How's their selection?

It is a real small shop but they have a lot of ingredients in there. Real nice couple run it. And the prices really aren't that bad.
www.partycreations.net i believe. You can see the stuff they carry on there

Jeff-
Im heading to party creations tommorrow. If you want to come with you are welcome. Only problem is you have to drive to Fishkill, or take the train to Beacon down the road from me.

Back