American Pale Ale Cascades / Orange Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was one of the first beers I brewed about 5 years ago. I did a mix of Citra and Cascade as I didn't have so much Cascade. Can't remember that it turned out particularly good. I'll brew it again soon with all cascade and M36 yeast. Should hopefully turn out better also because I have 5 years more experience behind me. Think I was storing my hops in the fridge back then :oops: but now I vacuum and freeze. It also ended up being over carbed, a problem which I still have from time to time.

I’ve brewed this 3 times among other beers (many) and each time I brewed it I liked it less - I’m starting to think it just isn’t that great of a beer really. I’d like to ‘fix’ it, but personally I have moved on.

I’ve brewed this 3 times among other beers (many) and each time I brewed it I liked it less - I’m starting to think it just isn’t that great of a beer really. I’d like to ‘fix’ it, but personally I have moved on.

I wonder if a change in your palate isn't more likely? For me, even w consistent commercial brews, my tastes change year to year. For a long time Bells Two- hearted ale was my go to, but I bored with it in favor of hoppier IPA examples. And then I came back to it after awhile and really loved it again. Until I got tired of hoppy everything and swung towards the malty end of beer. Belgian dubbel and brown ale we're the bees knees for a while. Last summer I came back to 2hearted and loved it again...
IDK, just a thought.
This recipe is on my list for this summer...

image.png

Great brew! Not expensive, simple, easy, quick and delicious! Next time for my taste a little less coriander and perhaps a little more late cascades.
Wife loved.

"2 ea Fermentis S-04 Safale S-04"

Did you really add 4 packs of yeast to a medium gravity pale ale?

Back