For those of you who use a water filter...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddroukas

Reaction score
I've used a Whirlpool WHCF-DWHV whole house water filtration system for my past two brews along with their 2 micron charcoal filter that removes sediment and chlorine. I know some of you use similar setups and I was wondering if you store the filter filled or drained with water? In normal application the filter would always be filled with water, but is there any problem with using it then draining it and storing? Can this damage the filter somehow?

Don't know if draining and drying will harm the filter, but that's how I've been doing it for some time now.

If your going to be drawing water through it every day I would leave it wet, but if your strictly using it for brewing then I would drain it and let it air/drip dry after every use. Make sure you let it dry outside of the canister, I saw one once that was left to dry inside the canister and there was mold growing along the bottom.

Back