Grain Mill Attachment on Kitchenaid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alembic

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience using the grain mill attachment on Kithenaid Mixers to crush your grains? If so, was it successful? I am thinking of doing some partial grain batches and since I already have a Kitchenaid I thought just getting the attachment might be the most efficient way to go.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I don't have any firsthand experience, but I've heard that a Corona mill does a comparable job for a fraction of the cost. Really, once you get into that price range you're better off looking at true barley mills IMO.

Alembic said:
I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience using the grain mill attachment on Kithenaid Mixers to crush your grains? If so, was it successful? I am thinking of doing some partial grain batches and since I already have a Kitchenaid I thought just getting the attachment might be the most efficient way to go.
I've been wondering that myself. I've seen comments on a couple of other boards to the effect that it's really a little small for doing all grain batches, and it's a little pricey if all you're using it for is steeping grains or mini-mashes. I trashed one Kitchen Aid mixer by running it too long making pasta, so I've decided personally that the grain attachment would be the one attachment for my Kitchen Aid that I could do without.

thanks for the comments. I didn't price the attachment before I posted the thread thinking it only cost $50 - 60. Whoa! I didn't know they were over $100.
Looks like the Corona model hand cranked is the way to go. As always, this forum guides me the way.

Back