Good VA area beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypantz13

Reaction score
Well, I have a friend who is about to leave to VTech for grad school, and he happened to ask if I knew any good microbrews in the area. To my shame I knew none, so I turn to you guys. Any suggestions?

There's pretty much nothing down Blacksburg way...just a bunch of bars. Hokie House has a great happy hour though...$2 for a huge mug.

If he wants to come to Charlottesville (2 hours away), we've got South Street Brewery, Starr Hill, and a new place owned and op'd by the guy who used to brew for South Street, called Blue Mountain Brewery and Hop Farm...still under construction, but he should be open for business by October 1.

Evan! said:
There's pretty much nothing down Blacksburg way...just a bunch of bars. Hokie House has a great happy hour though...$2 for a huge mug.

If he wants to come to Charlottesville (2 hours away), we've got South Street Brewery, Starr Hill, and a new place owned and op'd by the guy who used to brew for South Street, called Blue Mountain Brewery and Hop Farm...still under construction, but he should be open for business by October 1.

Sounds like I need to go back to charlottesville for a trip... Havent been there in a few years, but when I lived there I never made it to Starr Hill... had there beer a few times, but never got to go check it out in person... These were the times before I started brewing...

he needs to play bar golf down in blacksburg.....I'd play, but that means I'd have to go see my brother and SIL all the time :D

Back