for those who use chalkboard paint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
furbishing my kegerator is my holidays project so I will have to consider this while deciding how I want it to look. Just the usual blackboard finish to write the names and descriptions of the beers but I will have to reconsider how I do it now.

I know this sounds obvious, but a quick tip. DO NOT paint your chalkboard ABOVE your taps. I did this with my first kegorator and ended up having to clean chalk dust off of my taps every time I erased the board! I ended up giving up and bought a magnetic dry erase board for my new fridge.

damn... i wish i would have seen this before i did mine... Love it.

I know this sounds obvious, but a quick tip. DO NOT paint your chalkboard ABOVE your taps. I did this with my first kegorator and ended up having to clean chalk dust off of my taps every time I erased the board! I ended up giving up and bought a magnetic dry erase board for my new fridge.

Thats exactly the sort of mistake I would make then notice as soon as I stepped back to admire my handywork :drunk: I will be building a tower (the recent one in BYO) but wherever I put the blackboard paint I'll make sure to remember to consider chalk, and tap drips :mug:

Old post but i though this might help.....

Just a damp rag for erasing. It will get it cleaner and hold all the chalk to keep it from falling..

Back