Base CDA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Pear

Reaction score
I'm hopefully brewing a CDA on Sunday and was going to pick up grains today at my LHBS. This is what I have come up with for a base recipe so far. I'm going to pick cascades and nugget hops this weekend so I'm not sure how much fresh hops I'll be adding but this is what I have so far and any advice on the base recipe would be nice :D

4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 29.6 %
4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 29.6 %
3 lbs Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 3 22.2 %
8.0 oz Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 6 3.7 %
1 lbs Chocolate Wheat Malt (400.0 SRM) Grain 5 7.4 %
1 lbs Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 4 7.4 %

I'm planning on using Pacman yeast. Thanks in advance!

Also if anyone has much experience with Nugget hops please feel free to chime in. I was planning on using them as mostly bittering additions and saving my fresh cascades for 20 mins and under.

I use Nugget for the majority of my bittering. It's clean, you won't even know it's there.

I have never used them for Flavor/Aroma.

Right on. If I recall from what I've read around here that for fresh hops you should use roughly 3 times (weight) what you would for dry hops? I think I'll add a few ounces of Nugget at flameout and see how they work with some fresh cascades.

I'm hopefully brewing a CDA on Sunday and was going to pick up grains today at my LHBS. This is what I have come up with for a base recipe so far. I'm going to pick cascades and nugget hops this weekend so I'm not sure how much fresh hops I'll be adding but this is what I have so far and any advice on the base recipe would be nice :D

I'm going to brew a CDA with nugget and cascade this weekend. With respect to the hopes, how did your turn out?

Thanks!

It came out really well. Unfortunately the nuggets that I got from a friend smelled off when I went to brew with them so I ended up using some dried Amarillo for FWH and then wet cascades for everything else. My only regret was that I didn't dry hop so there isn't much hop aroma to speak of. Next year I hope to plan a little better and use 100% wet hops.

Back