first time bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyt471

Reaction score
Dear flying spaghetti monster that was messy

my spigot had a leak in it, which caused all kinds of problems. I'll have to figure out how to fix that. anyone have this problem?

i only ended up with 46 bottles...i was kind of expecting more like 54, so that's disappointing. i don't think i'll use a secondary anymore...although i have to dry hop with my ipa in a couple weeks.

at any rate...i'm happy that bottling is done and i'm patiently waiting to drink the results.

If you rack carefully and completely there won't be a signifant increase in loss from seconday. If you don't dry hop, skip it.

+1 on Revvy's bottling thread. Do as he commands.

46 bottles isn't to bad. I think most people get around 48. 54 would be if you got everything out of your fermenter or had more than 5 gallons to start with.

46 bottles isn't to bad. I think most people get around 48. 54 would be if you got everything out of your fermenter or had more than 5 gallons to start with.

No I regularly get between 52 and 54 bottles of beer, and I brew exactly 5 gallons. Between using the dip tube I mention in my thread, getting a tight yeastcake from a month long primary.

so even though it had only been 4 days since bottling, I had to open one and see. It was still flat (obviously), but it otherwise tasted great! I'm excited for how it will taste in another 2-3 weeks. In conclusion: a success. Thanks to all at this forum!

Back