Lewisburg Event Near Bucknell University Sat 11-15 2pm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFoodScientist

Reaction score
Are there any homebrewers in the area that are willing to help me get the word out?

So I've been scheduled for a book signing at the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell (400 Market St. in Lewisburg), but I really have no contacts in the area, so I'm not really sure how to get the word out. I'm not J.K. Rowling, and it's definitely a niche book, so I don't expect the advertising done by the store will really bring many people in. I know it's not directly beer related, but so far feedback and interest from the homebrew community has been positive, so I'm hoping there are some brewers out there that can get excited about this.

I'm in Erie, so it's not like I can really pop down there and post anything on campus notice boards to advertise.

Anyone have any suggestions for places I can advertise that would have some impact? I really don't want to sit at a table by myself in the Barnes and Noble Cafe. (Even though that's what most people do) Are there any homebrew clubs in the area?

I'll be there from 2pm to probably 5pm on 11/15 signing books and serving soda samples and maybe a doing a demo if there's enough interest.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I need to check this forum more often. I live in Lewisburg, work at Bucknell, and am the president elect for the PA Alers Homebrew Club, one of the local clubs. We had a meeting on Friday, so I could've mentioned it.

At any rate, what's your book about and how did everything go?

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. Things seemed to go alright. I had some very pleasant people to talk to, signed a few books, and served some tasty samples.

The book is about homemade soda, which shares quite a bit with homebrew. The link is in my signature in case you missed it.

Lewisburg seems like a nice place, I would have liked to have stayed longer.

Back