octoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
hey, i got the octoberfest brewed up ,had to go to work the next day ,i work 24 hr shifts ,when i got home oh wow ,it almost blew up in da closet ,has happened once before ,lol .but i missed my target og again on the minimash ,will i get a better starting og if i build me a mash tune ,instead of using the mulsin bag ?,, your beer bud bull .

I don't know what your process is like right now aside from the muslin bag you mentioned. How do you sparge (rinse the grains)? What about your grain crush? Do you buy the grains precrushed? The biggest culprit of low mash efficiency is a poor crush. You will probably get better results if you build a mash tun, but there are no guarantees.

all grains come pecrushed from defalcos,they come in a bag, looks like cheese cloth, ihold the the temp at a constant 150-155,for 45 ,the thing is i just dont think the way im going about the mini mash is very effective ,for the first thing the the bag that holds the grain ,i think its not loose enough cause ill put the temp probe into the side of the bag and itll be 10 -15 degrees cooler than the mash water ,and when i sparge ,well same thing ,how am i going to get the water to rinse the bag of grain ,well enough ,hmmmmmmmm,i think i just ansewred my own questions ,,reply back ,see what you think ,thanks your beer bud bull ,,

Latest posts

Back