Easy Brew Recipe for yeast cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_dutchmen

Reaction score
Ok guys...I have lurked on this forum for awhile now. Great info and I have learned a ton. I have brewed about 5 batches, some good, some so-so but I am learning and having fun.

My question is this. I hate throwing out yeast cakes. I don't want to go to the trouble of washing, etc. but I also don't want to throw my precious new kit on a cake of wrong yeast (I use the yeast in the kit as instructed for best flavor).

I have 2 brew buckets. Is there a very simple recipe using DME or LME that I could keep on hand to throw on that yeast cake to make a quick turn-around brew? I am thinking of keeping some DME or canned LME plus some basic hops on hand for just such an occasion. Cheap would be good as well.

Give a bro a hand!:D

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
You could make a similar beer or make a darker/bigger beer on the yeast cake. What did the existing yeast cake ferment?

this particular cake was a European Ale but I am looking for sort of a "generic" recipe that would work on most cakes.

I am not real particular...just something to drink. I will use kits to get my "special" beers brewed.

Back