15.5 gal keg pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesie9

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just staring out in home brewing. I'm looking to do all-grain brewing and I see a lot of photos of people's brew stations with the 15.5 gal kegs. This looks like a cool alternative to the kettles.

I found someone on Craigslist selling kegs for $50 per. Wondering if this is a reasonable price and if there is anything I should look for as far as quality.

Cheers,

Rhodesie

Thats about the going rate seeing as those kegs are most likely stolen and people are selling them for an inflated price as opposed to what their deposit will bring.

You want stainless if possible (I think all kegs are made after mid 80's)

I've seen anywhere from $20 to $60+

I was going to buy some for 60 but someone told me to hold off and they'll show up cheaper..

So far I've paid.$20 & 25...still need one more eventually for mash tun but not in a hurry...my cooler works great....

Just my thoughts...but if you have the money and want them...buy em!!

Sean

Thank you for your input. I think I will wait it out to see if I can obtain it at a lower cost. I may possibly go the cooler conversion route for the moment.

Thanks again!

When ever I need them I just put out a wanted post on Craigslist and what I'm willing to pay..never had any problems finding them fairly quickly

Latest posts

Back