Handcrafted Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theamigo

Reaction score
While visiting a friend this weekend, we swung by the Rockler store and picked up some pieces to turn into tap handles on his lathe. The far left is Walnut and the other two are some laminate pieces they had 50% off.

ZQHK2.jpg

0KQk6.jpg

Fun way to spend an afternoon. I just need to drill them and put the threaded inserts in and they are ready to go.

friggin sweet amigo. i work in deer processing, my boss got me into brewing. so i want to make him an antler tap handle but dont know how to aproch it...

Nice build! I actually like the laminate. It reminds me of a gun stock/knife handle in a good way. I like it so much if I ever tire of my grain filled tubes I will look into that type of wood. VERY nice job! :tank:

friggin sweet amigo. i work in deer processing, my boss got me into brewing. so i want to make him an antler tap handle but dont know how to aproch it...

You need to drill the horn out and mount an insert inside. It is discussed well in this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-tap-handle-33455/ .

Funny you mention that. The guy at Rockler said the laminate pieces came from a company that makes gun stocks out of them and Rockler bought the scraps to cut up into these small pieces.

Back