The greatest beer in all zee vorld!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
I assume most of you have seen brewfest at this point. I'm wondering what style of beer they are refering to? Since it is from Bavaria would it be a Hefe wiezen?

Something tells me that not much thought was put into that when they were writing the movie. Funny thing - those "Das Boot" things are not available in ebay. I'd love to have one of those

rdwj said:
Something tells me that not much thought was put into that when they were writing the movie. Funny thing - those "Das Boot" things are not available in ebay. I'd love to have one of those

yeah I have to agree, there were some parts that were disapointing. Overall I really liked it but when he drowns in the beer because the yeast sucked him down.. That was stupid.

My biggest gripe was they didn't show enough of the sweedish chicks.

Todd said:
yeah I have to agree, there were some parts that were disapointing. Overall I really liked it but when he drowns in the beer because the yeast sucked him down.. That was stupid.

If you watch the deleted scenes there is one with one of the Swedish babes. Don't want to tell you too much about it, but it involves a guy, a Swedish chick, rope, and a bare chest! :eek:

Todd said:

Oh, don't get me wrong - I liked the movie. Yes, it was stupid, but I expected nothing less.

olllllo said:

Yes, after watching the movie, that is something I'd really like to have when I get my bar done. Of course, you need at least two.

Todd said:
I assume most of you have seen brewfest at this point. I'm wondering what style of beer they are refering to? Since it is from Bavaria would it be a Hefe wiezen?

It was to dark to be a hefe. Probably a Munich Dunkle. Great movie by the way.

Todd said:

Considering they were drinking during Oktoberfest, wouldn't it have been in that style?

I'm gonna go get a slap and a tickle!

he said the greatest beer in the world, but then they used extract to brew it........... ummmm

*runs and hides*

I didn't see the movie, but chances are Hollywierd fouled up the language/translations as they usually do.

You guys may be too young to remember the movie "Das Boot". "Das Boot" in German to English means "the boat" in this case "Das -U-Boot" or the "Unterwasser boot" which we call an "underwater boat" or "submarine".

What you guys are looking for is called a "bierstiefel".:D

The beer served during the O'fest is called a "Marzen" or March beer because that's when it's brewed.

You can get a Hefe, but it's not available in all the tents. I used to live 40 miles from Munich and have been to the "Wiez'n" (as it's called by the locals) over a dozen times...1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003...

It does have a U-boat in the movie. And ram's piss for that matter. After watching the movie today I would have to agree with the dude, most of it is probably Marzen. Some of it is darker though...

I'm sure it was a Maerzen or so. Funny thing though, last about 2 months ago when i was checking out the University of Munich i was hanging with a buddy of mine and his college friends and they pulled out the Boot and passed it around. Kinda a tradition or something, then it came to me and they all held their breathes to see if i would spill it on myself. Suckers, i knew what was up. Anyways, i drank out of one! :D

Klainmeister said:
...they pulled out the Boot and passed it around. Kinda a tradition or something, then it came to me and they all held their breathes to see if i would spill it on myself. Suckers, i knew what was up. Anyways, i drank out of one! :D

Does it actually work like in the movie?

No, you have to twist at the end and get the beer to funnel and rocket down your throat.:rockin:

Back