Taps/shanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henson

Reaction score
I have an old fridge that I've turned into a kegerator but now I need shanks and a manifold and whatever else. I'm going to drill a hole in the side and run my CO2 line out it. Can someone offer suggestions on what other equipment I will need and cheap places to get it?

A great place that set me up on kegging was kegconnection.com you can purchase a kit depending on how many and type of corny keg you prefer. Co2 tank , kegs , regulator, and hose and if you get a kit with shanks ( refrigerator conversion kit ). Everything comes made up hoses attached and all.

Cheers
And good luck

In bottles -- Sierra Nevada clone and St. Paul porter.
In keg conditioning -- breakwater pale ale
In fermenter another St. Paul porter
Up next !!!! Based on how the breakwater smelled and tasted going in keg !!!
It's up again !!! And haven't even had one pint. :)

I have an old fridge that I've turned into a kegerator but now I need shanks and a manifold and whatever else. I'm going to drill a hole in the side and run my CO2 line out it. Can someone offer suggestions on what other equipment I will need and cheap places to get it?

You might want to check out this kit. I think it will have everything you need for a fridge conversion. Thanks for considering us and best of luck to you!

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-2-tap-fridge-homebrew/

That's pretty much what I need for my new beer fridge except I might go with four taps to start. If I didn't have to replace our damned furnace I'd order today. :eek:

Rick

What's a furnace?

I just wanted to say I got 4 shiney stainless steel perlick faucets, shanks, faucet covers, knobs in the mail today. So nice. Soon they will deliver daddy's little helper from my new keezer. That is all.

Back