This weekend in eastern Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be in the Youngstown area for a week, and I was wondering if there was any new place to grab a beer while in town. I plan on going out to Vintage Wine and Beer to get a good selection to take home and to friends in New York, but is there anyplace new to grab a beer?

I doubt I'll make it to Cleveland or Pittsburgh this trip, but it could happen.

Well! I guess I'll be drinking alone then. :D

But if anybody DOES see this and respond, I'll be online each day at least at various times to check email and stuff so I'll still hold out a little hope. :mug:

I'm from Y-town but don't get back too often. Last I was there I went downtown; I think it was called "The Lemon Grove". It’s pretty much right in the middle of downtown. They had a HUGE selection of bottle beers; well, huge for downtown Youngstown. I was pleasantly surprised. There is also Rust Belt Brewery; I haven't made it there yet, but plan on it next time I'm in the area. It is located in downtown Y-town, in the old B&O station. Hope this helps.

I've been to the Lemon Grove- it's really close so we'll (my dad and I) will go sometime. It's in the paper today that it's moving two doors down to a bigger place, so hopefully it's open during the move!

I also just heard that the BW3 down there is closing, that was my only outlet for some Great Lakes brewing. Enjoy.

I also just heard that the BW3 down there is closing, that was my only outlet for some Great Lakes brewing. Enjoy.

It's already closed- and empty. I did just pick up a six pack of Great Lakes at the grocery store, but they didn't have a great selection at that store. I'll stop later today on the way to my brother's house at a bigger store. I gotta have my Great Lakes!

I had a beer with B-hoppy yesterday. We had a nice time, enjoying some great Fat Heads beer. I brought a growler home to finish last night. :D

Hey Yoop - you have Y'town ties? Your dad there?

My wife is from there (city of Campbell actually) so we're up there a couple times a year to visit her family.

Not a strong "good beer scene" by any stretch, we usually just end up at Vintage, it's not too far from her parents' house and their taps are always flowing with some good stuff. We were actually up there on the 4th too :) I think we hit Vintage on the 5th, had to bring back some Fatheads since that stuff is still hard to locate down here in Cincy.

Cheers

Hey Yoop - you have Y'town ties? Your dad there?

My wife is from there (city of Campbell actually) so we're up there a couple times a year to visit her family.

Not a strong "good beer scene" by any stretch, we usually just end up at Vintage, it's not too far from her parents' house and their taps are always flowing with some good stuff. We were actually up there on the 4th too :) I think we hit Vintage on the 5th, had to bring back some Fatheads since that stuff is still hard to locate down here in Cincy.

Cheers

Funny, I just saw this. B-hoppy and I had a beer at Vintage on the 7th, so we just missed you. I was born in Youngstown, and went to school in Hubbard. My dad still lives there, while my brother lives in Cortland. I only get there about twice a year now.

Fat head is a good one. great Lakes brewery in cleveland would be a definite must see if in Cleveland. As I'm on the opposite side of the state, I can't be more helpful than that.

Sup yoop. You actually answered some questions about infection on my beer a week or so ago, so thanks. I saw that you were in the area of my hometown boardman. Small world. I don't live there anymore but if you are ridin through at some point in the future, I have a place for you to check out. It's the Golf gas station on 224 in Ellsworth. It's about a twenty min drive from boardman and will be on the right, before you get to a church. It's just a crap gas station that sells beer from all around the world. Not as fancy as vintage, but a fun find if you are ever in the area. I've gotten beers that are from far away lands from that place. Happy brewing!

Back