Forgot priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBeer

Reaction score
So I boiled my water, dissolve the corn sugar into it, put it in the fridge to cool and completely forgot to add it to my beer. I have 48 capped bottles with no priming sugar. I assume I have to uncap them all, add sugar and recap, but should I just add sugar or make another sugar/water solution and how much should I add to each bottle.

Buying supplies to make beer $30. Caps for forty eight bottles. $2.50. Forgetting to add priming sugar, priceless!

+1 on the carb tabs. I hope it works out.

You could uncap and put in a tbsp of the priming sugar in each and give it a shake and you should be fine.

LOL
I almost did the same this morning!:mug:

I would get new caps man. Don't want a bunch of faulty seals. A bag o caps isn't too bad. Few bucks maybe.

You could uncap and put in a tbsp of the priming sugar in each and give it a shake and you should be fine.

LOL
I almost did the same this morning!:mug:

I think that much will blow them out.You mean a tsp. right. I used 3/4 tsp and it was fine probably up to 1 tsp per bottle.A tablespoon and you would have a mouthfull of fizz,and potential bombs.

Latest posts

Back