Show off your mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the huge pics.

manifold.jpg

sparge.jpg

Not the tun i'm currently using, but i always liked the spartan, simple, and funtional concept. Worked very well for batch sparging. No valve required, up is off, down is on.:mug:

HPIM0588.jpg

HPIM0590.jpg

HPIM0607.jpg

Basic tun, really. Temp control is via coil/heat exchanger in HLT, its a 9 gal. SS pot with bubble/foil insulation on sides and bottom. Hard-plumbed into the system. Grain resides on a false-bottom. Works like a charm -I only wish it were larger (and I'll get around to addressing that sometime late this summer)
IMAG00101.jpg

IMAG00131.jpg

IMAG00192.jpg

IMAG00162.jpg

Just finished this up and used it for the first time. Daddy's little brewers were at least as excited as me, I couldn't get them to quit fondling it. 48 quart with a loose copper manifold.

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

Here's mine. I just put my 3rd braid replacement in - this time over a ss spring to prevent braid collapse. The upper "sparge arm" sags a little so I use bread wrappers to anchor it so that the sparge drips evenly.

image-1011645144.jpg

image-923980000.jpg

Back