Cobb County (GA) Water Report - Can someone interpret?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
Below is my report i just received from my county on the water conditions. Could someone interpret the report? I dont even know what most of the headers stand for. I am just looking for someone to tell me if anything looks particularly peculiar.

Contaminant.....MCL.....MCLG.....Detected Level.....Range

Flouride.............4.........4...............0.96.............BDL-0.96

Lead..............AL=15.....0.................7....................N/A

Copper...........AL=1.3....0...............0.03..................N/A

Nitrate.............10.......10...............1.3................0.22-1.3

TTHM's.............80........0...............42.7.............12.8-69.4

HAA5's.............60.........0...............23.5.............11.1-35.0

TOC................N/A.......N/A.............2.2................1.0-2.2

Chlorite............1.0.......0.8.............0.49..............0.065-0.49

Chlorine........MRDL=4...MRDLG=4......1.95..............BLD^2=1.95

Highest coliform bacteria = 1.31%

Highest E. Coli bacteria = 0.44%

TIA

MCL: maximum containment level
MCLG: maximum containment level goal
MRDL: maximum residential disinfectant level
MRDLG: maximum residential disinfectant level goal

This is very similar to the report that I can get from DeKalb county. It is incomplete if you are looking to use the report to make a decision about all grain water profile (you need total alkalinity, calcium, etc.). But, (if I understand it correctly) it looks like they do not use chloramines to disinfect the water, same here, and a simple 2-stage carbon filter will do wonders to make the water tasty.

i've been pretty successful using this water. Just curious whether something stuck out as really bad. My water is pretty soft (at least it is in my fish tanks) so i didnt know if that affected my flavors, although from what Beerrific stated, i dont have a full water profile here.

is that all the info they give you about the water there? mine down here was like 2 pages long with mineral contents

Thats it. There were a couple paragraphs of text, but no data was contained with in it. It did state i coudl request a more detailed report. This is just the report i get annually without asking.

Back