Backwashed Beer into Kegerator Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbey

Reaction score
I'm running big 3 tower BevAir kegerater that I bought on the cheap and refurbished. I have a 20# CO2 tank attached to it with a dual gauge regulator with just one check valve just ahead of the regulator. In a brain fart moment while shuffling some kegs around I ended up backwashing a fairly good amount of hard lemonade back into my CO2 lines. The lemonade made it pretty well through the entire CO2 system, but not quite to the check valve.

I can replace all the air lins, that is not a big deal, and I plan to do that. But inside my kegerator there are two small, two gang metal manifolds with gas shutoff valves. I am SURE some of the lemonade went thru the manifolds.

What should I do???? How can I clean them? I have to, right???

Thanks

Alan

definately flush them with some type of sanitizer and then blow out as much of the liquid as you can. as long as it didnt get into the regulator- no big deal. no need to replace the lines.

Back