Avery "Rumpkin" ale, oh my . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
A quick note for all of you living in the Denver metro area or planning a visit; Avery up in Boulder just tapped an Imperial Pumpkin ale aged in rum barrels.

Rumpkin Stats:
13.2% ABV
15 IBU
18 SRM

This brew is made with pumpkin puree and a blend of five spices, aged in Gosling's Rum barrels for six months. It is available only at the tap room in Boulder and at the Cambridge Brewing Company Great Pumpkin Festival (Cambridge, MA) and at the Elysian Brewing Great Pumpkin Beer Festival (Elysian Capitol Hill, Seattle WA).

I was there last night for the tapping and this brew is amazing, way powerful sweet fresh pumpkin pie in a glass (and of course a huge warming factor from the extreme alcohol content). I am not a huge fan of pumpkin beers, but this one has made me a believer in the Great Pumpkin!
:mug:

rumpkin.jpg

I want to try this beer so very badly. I have no one to go to Boulder with, though. :(

Hell of a drive from Aurora.

Hell ya, thanks for posting this up here, I always miss Avery's special tappings. Looks like Im going to be stopping by after work today!!:mug:

Adam Avery is coming to Birmingham, AL on Nov. 4th. Apparently he's bring a keg of Rumpkin with him & it will be on tap at The J. Clyde. Gonna have to try to make it up there for that.

Elysians Night Owl Pumpkin Ale is awesome too.
I had it at the Spokane Octoberfeast.
Like all there other beers, Its really worth a try!!!

I am so jonesing for this brew again, last night I bought a Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin ale 22oz and added a shot of black rum to it.. .mmmmmmmmmm

Bringing this back to life. They have bottled this year's version and it comes in at 15.9%. Maybe it'll start showing up at some liquor stores.

I picked up a few bottles today. Pretty good! Not sure it's worth the price but I did enjoy it. I was surprised how much the rum flavor came through. Also, the bottle lists the ABV at 15.9%!

Back