homemade bulkhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixon

Reaction score
I have a couple keggles that would like to put ball valves on, but I would like to do it on the cheap. Is it possible to make your own weldless fitting at the hardware store and have to purchase the pre-fab fittings? Thanks!

You can do it, but you probably won't find all the parts you need at a single store. You also may not find what you need local, which means mail order and shipping charges.

By the time you factor in time going from store to store and mail order of specialized parts (I remember not being able to find silicone gaskets locally)...you are better off just ordering the 25.00 kit (shipping incl) from bargain fittings.

My 0.02

You can do it, but you probably won't find all the parts you need at a single store. You also may not find what you need local, which means mail order and shipping charges.

By the time you factor in time going from store to store and mail order of specialized parts (I remember not being able to find silicone gaskets locally)...you are better off just ordering the 25.00 kit (shipping incl) from bargain fittings.

My 0.02

+1

You'll save your brain a lot of hard work in figuring out how to put things together. BF already did the work for you. Any money you might save (which won't be but a few dollars) isn't worth the hassle and time IMO.

Back