Do I have a clog somewhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrman13

Reaction score
So I'm nearing the bottom of my first keg. All of the sudden, there is no more beer flowing, so I figured the keg went empty. I opened my kegerator later and there is still beer in the line! So picked up the keg and gently shook it and there is still a bit of liquid in there, but I can't get anything to come out but a few drops. The beer was a double IPA, so I'm thinking some of the hop trub clogged the line in the keg, possibly, but I don't know how to check or if I even should check. Any thoughts on what I should do here?

Shoot some co2 in the out post and if it bubbles, there's no clog. Make sure you put the "out" post connector on the gas line before you do it.

I assume you dry hopped. If so,check your liquid side poppet, its probably clogged with hop particles.

Same thing happened to me on my last ipa.

Yup, the poppet was clogged. I just attached the gas line to the out side and blew it out. Beer is flowing smoothly once again! Thanks for the help.

Back