oh the joy of losing the labels...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungrymonkey

Reaction score
Last year I had placed labels on the rhizomes. The hops grew fine and started to yield. Somehow the labels disappeared when I hung up the string for support.

Well last years harvest I had to cross reference with pictures and the skotrat website. Was a bit of a pita because I forgot to pull a leaf to help with ID.

Then winter came and I completely forgot about it. Until about an hour ago when I was trying to figure out which hop was what. I narrowed it down and believe I have figured it out. :drunk:

But the bad part, is that I have already forgotten which plant I picked each of the hops from. :mad: I have 6 different bines that produced this year, and a 7th that is not looking like its going to give more than a few.

My big producer was cascade. I believe I have about 2 pounds.

So, my advice to anyone wanting to plant hops. Make a permanent label and concrete it into the ground by the bine. :D

I've got several as well that can look very similar, so thanks again for the advice. They are permanently labelled now.

You can also plant them in alphabetical order in the future if you plant again. Cascade, centennial, columbus.

Back