Preferred browser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which browser do you prefer?

• Internet Explorer

• FireFox

• One of the other crappy ones that exist only to tick off web designers and developers.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use Firefox, IE or Safari and don't notice much difference between any of them. My Dell laptop I use IE, but most of my surfing is with SWMBO's Mac and that is mostly with Firefox. I find that Safari has problems loading some IE-specific pages.

Andre Agassi said:
I wouldnt say I prefer IE its just the one I have. Whats so great about fire fox?
(In laymans terms, no geekspeak)

tabbed browsing so you don't have to open up more than 1 window, just more than 1 tab inside that window. there are a ton of plug-ins you can download from them to modify your browser for whatever you are interested in.

Andre Agassi said:
I wouldnt say I prefer IE its just the one I have. Whats so great about fire fox?
(In laymans terms, no geekspeak)

Also, it's much safer than IE. Less risk of hackers using it to damage you and your system. It is also smaller and faster.

I use IE because I'm technologically challenged, and used Netscape at one time. Netscape was terrible, and I switched to IE in 1999. Now, familiarity keeps me with IE. I'd change if I knew it would be easy and painless.....

Lorena

I use IE. Too many websites just don't work with other browsers. One thing I've learned about MSFT is that they're like the Borg -- they eventually incorporate whatever is good about the competition. Sure, I'll have to wait a few months for those cool Firefox tabs (and no, I'm not running no f'n beta!), but that's okay. I can wait.

IE. It's quicker now with less hangups than it used to be. (Late 90's) Like Lorena I used Netscape for a while, but have just gotten used to IE...

Ize

I used to use Opera and Firefox on my old laptop, mostly because IE got corrupted to f*ck and I didn't feel like re-installing. I liked the tabbed browsing, but it wasn't enough of a difference to make me feel like having two browsers installed on the new system. I don't really care about my browser, it just needs to get me to the site; it's a tool, nothing else. That's kind of how I feel about most computer stuff these days, there's no inherent pleasure I get from computers, it's just a tool - a lot different, for better or worse, than when I was younger.

Firefox, Seamonkey, Konqueror, or Dillo.

For that matter, I sometimes still use Links and Lynx. They come in handy from the command line when you need to look up something on a text site and don't want to fire up X.

Back to IE, ONLY becuase of IE7 and Chase not liking Opera.

opera is far and away the best IMO

pbowler said:
opera is far and away the best IMO

Unless you're a web designer, in which case you're sick to death of learning "fixes" to allow pages to load right in Opera.

I'm a FireFox man. Less crashes and more add-ons won me over a few years ago. Apart from XP, I don't use much MS software on my computer.

I would LOVE to abandon MS alltogether. However I learned EVERYTHING I know about computers as a Gamer, and I can't leave that hobby behind.

Dual boot is a bandaid fix, and WineX is not wuite up to snuff last I checked...

Cheesefood said:
Apart from XP, I don't use much MS software on my computer.

I have one XP computer used by a member of the household, but my two main computers run Slackware Linux, and I have a FreeBSD system I'm just starting to play around with too.

Back