MoreBeer SS Quick Disconnect Substitute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chispas

Reaction score
I'm in need of some more 1/2" male ss quick disconnects, but as you probably know morebeer has been out of stock for quite some time now. These are the one's I'm referring to: MPT Stainless Steel Male Quick Disconnect | MoreBeer

I've been trying to find something that would work on Mcmaster Carr, but I'm not sure. This looks similar... part 6543K45

Any one have any ideas??? Thanks!

Craig

I'm in the same boat needing a few more threaded connectors and now they're out. I just emailed Midwest to see if they happen to know if theirs are compatible. They look the same in the picture but that probably doesn't mean much.

[I'm in the same boat needing a few more threaded connectors and now they're out. I just emailed Midwest to see if they happen to know if theirs are compatible. They look the same in the picture but that probably doesn't mean much. ]

Any word back from Austin?

I bought mine at LOWES in the Garden section there Brass tho. 5.96 each..so far so good no leaks ive got five batches using them heat doesn't seem to bother'em

[I'm in the same boat needing a few more threaded connectors and now they're out. I just emailed Midwest to see if they happen to know if theirs are compatible. They look the same in the picture but that probably doesn't mean much. ]

Any word back from Austin?

Actually I just got a message back a few minutes ago.

"The quick disconnects look to be the same item, however without actually
having some here to compare I could not be certain of their compatibility."

Understandable. They look exactly the same but I'm sure even the smallest difference could produce some leaks. I'll have to look at my configuration and see if there are full "trunks" that I can replace that will let me keep all the B3 QDs together and all the Midwest QDs together.

Weighing the risk/hassle versus patience with B3...

In timely fashion, the quick disconnects appear to be in stock again at MoreBeer.

(Posted after placing my B3 order of course...)

The B3 store near me always has them in stock, If you guys want to pay CA tax and shipping I could prob get some out to you. I bought 14 sets last month and they had a ton more. They dont fulfill online orders from the local one here

Latest posts

Back