Ritebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpapa7272

Reaction score
So Far so good with them ordered 4 perlick 525pc forward sealing faucets from them last week on tuesday they were in my mailbox thursday(thank god for priority mail). Very quick to ship and no issues with order.:ban::ban: Yes their selection is limited but if they have what you need the prices cant be beat. :mug: I was so pleased I ordered shanks from them today(ordered at 11:42am est shipped out at 1:28pm). Thats what i call service. :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

I've ordered from Ritebrew twice now and been pleased both times. They seem to have the best prices on Perlick faucets and the best by far on stainless steel shanks & other hardware. There was a small issue with my latest order - they sent the wrong size tailpieces, but responded quickly to the issue and shipped new ones out (without needing the old ones returned). Thumbs up!

I'm the kind of consumer who makes a point to share both good and bad customer experiences I have, in order to hopefully help other consumers and to also encourage businesses to actually take good care of their customers. So, that's what this is...

My wife is throwing a big birthday party for her friend Anne on Friday night. My Herculean Summer Wheat (really Reno_eNVy's Honey Orange Hefe) is Anne's favorite beer in the world, so I used this as an excuse to put taps in the wall of our kitchen with my keezer in the basement below. SWMBO signed off on it over the weekend and I started doing the calculations to see how I would balance the lines with both the rise in height and the longer 8-10' run instead of taps right through the collar on the keezer. I realized yesterday that 1/4" ID beer line would let me balance the system at around 12.5 PSI, which is also about what I carbonate at, whereas 3/16" line would require about 20 PSI to push beer through the faucets. I have three kegs and three taps, so I needed about 40-50' of beer line.

I called my LHBS as soon as he opened this morning and he said that he only carried 3/16, which is what I expected. I then called Keg Cowboy because I've heard good things about them in the past. Their website says to allow 3-5 days for orders to be shipped, so I wanted to make sure they had what I needed in stock and would be able to get it here by Thursday or Friday at the very latest. I'm not sure who I talked to, but he told me that he did have 50' in stock but that he wouldn't sell it to me because it would mean he couldn't process any other orders until he got more in stock. I said, "Just to be clear, you're telling me that you won't process my order for 50' of tubing because you want to be able to process other orders that may or may not come in later this week?" He said, "Yes, that's what I'm saying." I thanked him for answering my question and then hung up.

About this time my neighbor, also a brewer, told me about RiteBrew.com. I checked their site and their per-foot price was higher ($.69 vs. Keg Cowboy's $.50), but they had a 100' roll for $39.49 ($.395 per foot). I emailed them right away asking them if they would be able to get me what I needed by Thursday or Friday. A guy named Neil replied back within minutes asking for my zip code. I sent it back and within another couple of minutes he told me that they could ship my order still today and that it would be 2 days shipping via UPS Ground and it would be here by Thursday. My order total was just over $50 for 100' of 1/4" beer line, shipped. Within 30 minutes I had an email shipping confirmation including a tracking number.

Bottom line for me, the guy at Keg Cowboy treated my situation like an impossible task that he was unwilling to take on. The guys at RiteBrew.com took care of me like getting things shipped out right away for a very good price was just part of how they do business. I will still go to my LHBS whenever I can, but when I can't get what I need there I will definitely be checking RiteBrew.com first.

Neil Sprangers is the owner of RiteBrew... Good guy and very helpful.
It is no surprise that he was able to get your items out fast.. He has helped me immensly in my quest for building my keezer (which is now compete and pouring beautiful liquid gold)

Have ordered from Ritebrew a couple times and had the products arrive in 2 days, will recommend them when I can.

I did a big keezer build recently (5 shanks, 2 new Perlicks [already had 3], all new ball lock disconnects for liquid/gas, 100' 3/16" beer line, bunch of gas line, manifold, etc). All told it was about a $300 order. Ritebrew was the cheapest place I found online for the parts, and turned it around quickly and total shipping was $11 for the entire order.

Overall I was very pleased with the experience. I'd use them again (and likely will very soon, as I need to upgrade the keezer to a 6th tap!).

Have ordered 5 of ritebrews' kits and been happy with all of them. All DME is nice, and prices are very competitive with all the other online supply shops if you're in the market for kit beers.

I've ordered a 4" SS shank and a Perlick 575ss, cheapest I could find online, shipped next day and was to my door in a couple days! Great company

Placed an order Monday night and the ingredients were out the door by 10AM the next morning. Now if they would only embrace flat-rate shipping!

Ordered some random bits here. Good prices, fast processing, and cheap shipping. I massaged my order to keep it in a $5 priority box and it fit perfectly. Very pleased.

I just started using them recently after I found out I can do local pickup. Best prices I've found recently. My orders have been ready to pick up within a couple hours. Great crush, I got about 80% efficiency on my last two batches. I've been really happy with them so far. I agree, very solid place.

Count me in as a satisfied customer as well. Love the Speedee delivery option. Got 4 kits and some other misc stuff delivered the day after I ordered. Shipping was $3 and change I think.

Been using them for quite a while. Love it. I do local pickup.

Neil has my order ready in literally minutes. Order by 1:30 and it will ship same day. Neil's customer service is unmatched.

Also, I watch the Bargain Bin. Some great deals on overstock/near expired items. Also once in a while puts expired hops/yeast out in his order pickup area. Great stuff. Has my business for sure.

I've bought quite a bit of kegging equipment from RiteBrew. 5 Perlick 525SS, 5 stainless shanks, lots of swivel nuts, lots of QDs, tons of poppets, boatloads of O-Rings, etc. I've made probably 5 orders from them total, and every time the stuff is well packaged and arrives quickly.

When I buy anything, even small items, I shop around. I have never found another site that can beat RiteBrews prices when you include shipping. This is by far my favorite online homebrew retailer.

Ritebrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ordered a scottish ale 60, a bottle filler, a pound of corn sugar, and bottle caps. good prices and quick delivery got my order today 2 days after ordering from wisconsin to central illinois. I think pretty good this time of year around the holidays, especially when i can order something here in illinois and take a week to get it. i will definately use them again. thanks for looking

well looks like i was the last one to post here before now, but i'm really liking this company i just recieved another extract kit (cream ale this time) from them ordered sunday morning and arrived today (tuesday) in the mail. ive been shopping around and havnt found anyone yet with better prices after shipping, even my lhbs was 5$ more expensive and no shipping. of course bottle caps and priming sugar are not included but from what ive seen if you want them with other companies it adds to the price also. i think ill stick with them for a while:rockin:

I typically order my grain from Ritebrew and they have always been spot on! Not only is the order always correct, the shipping is very quick! Love dealing with these guys just wish shipping was cheaper but you cant really blame them for the cost.

I ordered from Ritebrew on Wednesday, and my order was ready for pick up on Thursday. The prices were good, and the website is neat and clean and easy to navigate.

It looks like shipping is very fast, but I haven't ordered for shipping yet.

All in all, I'd recommend ritebrew for anybody who can pick up in the Appleton, WI area, especially for sacks of grain at a good price, or for anyone who wants an alternative to order online and have it shipped. I think it generally beats the prices of other online home brew stores, and the selection is good.

This is my favorite company I've ordered from so far.

My orders have always shipped within 24 hours, everything is packed in an above-average fasion, the grains seem fresh, and the double-crush mill selection is a nice touch. Grain prices are below average, and shipping isn't terrible.

My only gripe is that there are some grains that they don't have that I want, so I sometimes must make a substitution.

Otherwise, I'll keep going back unless they get it wrong a couple of times.

Great place!

Just got my first order from them. Shipped right to my door in no time at all. I fully plan to order from them again.

I just bought, and this is no exaggeration, $1,500 worth of grain from them. Shipped to my door on a pallet. Unbeatable prices and service. Very impressed.

Neil (Rite Brew) has been reasonable and reliable local vendor for me. I have been purchasing ALL of my brew supplies
SINCE Northern Brewer and Midwest went corporate. Prost Neil.

Picked up a 4-way CO2 manifold with check valves for a song a couple months ago and had it on my doorstep in two days. Just put in an order for a keezer setup and hoping it goes as smoothly - it saved me a whole bunch of dollars over other retailers.

Wanted to give these guys a bump. I have ordered from them several times and have always had fast shipping and a quality product. If you want to order grains in smaller increments , check out their grain quick select feature. Next to Brewmaster ware house's brew builder, this is the best and easiest I have seen.

Ritebrew also gives several shipping options. One of these options is speedee delivery. This company has a limited service area in the upper midwest (Nebraska, the Dakotas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, and the St. Louis metro area) and has very good rates. I got a wine kit and a 6 gallon pet carboy shipped to St. Louis for under $12.

Hands down, my favorite company to order from. I don't order large things from them due to shipping costs, but they're pretty cool in working out what the actual shipping would be to Hawaii...just haven't gone through with it yet. I order 95% of my hops, and all my yeast through these guys and it's always at my door just a few days later. Love, love, love RiteBrew.

I just picked up an order this week for my next brew and was again blown away by how fresh the yeast is. The most recent pack was less that two weeks old, and I didn't use the pre-order option. I can't say enough good things about Neil and ritebrew.

Thought I would give this post a bump. This has been my go to company. Have items in stock, ship quickly and their customer service is outstanding. Have been able to text the owner and get immediate replies. Give them a try, you won't be sorry.

Ordered 2 Perlick 650ss with 4" SS shanks. Arrived in 24 hours to my door. Will do business with again.

Bumping these guys back up. This is the only place I order my ingredients from. Their prices are excellent, the grain selector allows you build recipes easily and best part for me, order before 1pm I will have my order the next day! I can't say enough good things about them. Even got some of my brew club ordering from them after many have turned away from NB and Midwest.

I second the above. If I order in the AM it is always on the truck for delivery that day. Always use Speedee for shipping and it is at my door the next day.

If I have a question they always get back to me in a timely manner.

Recommend giving them a try.

TD

I LOVE Ritebrew. I particularly love 1) the preorder yeast 2) the double grind option 3) the ability to order grain by the ounce and 4) mixing my grains into whatever combinations I want. Quick responses and shipping. My replacement for Northern Brewer and Midwest.

Gosh, can't remember if I've posted. Been ordering from them for a year, one mildly messed up order quickly corrected, otherwise perfect. Quick to send as promised (even same day when ordered later in the day.) $5 discount on shipping over $75 means that even when I order a bunch of grain the shipping cheap via Spee Dee (a little slower sometimes but wth.) Order early in the week! No flat rate but it's usually cheaper with a small order anyway. We should prolly stop by their store next time we're up there just to say thanks.

Forgot to order yeast with my last big buy and I needed it quickly so I searched around and not only was ritebrew the cheapest, their shipping was phenomenal. I will continue to purchase with them

Latest posts

Back