What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son of a ***** that's hot! Zero head retention and pretty good. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it.

I got one on a swap a while ago. I really enjoyed it. And the base beer isn't half bad either. I split it 3 ways with a couple friends. They couldn't take it. I ended up drinking most of the bottle.

EnjoyGoodBeer said:
Okay this is what i have debating on drinking.

Would you?

All i know is i had it 7 years ago was good (really hoppy for me at the time)

What I know its a double IPA, bought 2 when they came in only 967 came to my state out of the 10,000 made.

Heck ya go for it! Always love me some Rogue.

Well here it is! Very good close to SA torpedo on the malt side, hops have lost there aroma but very very drinkable. Was suprised on the nice ruby colour! Cheers to you all that cannot enjoy this with me. (not trying to sound like a d*ck)

image-3992206541.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Hailing from Alaska, this delicious White IPA brewed with kumquats, peppercorn, and all galaxy hops, fermented in French oak and bottle conditioned with Brett. I guess they really wanted my attention ;)

Love this beer!

Had a successful day converting my Sanyo 4912 to a dual tap kegerator.

I think I'll start the night off with a homebrew Porter.

I got one on a swap a while ago. I really enjoyed it. And the base beer isn't half bad either. I split it 3 ways with a couple friends. They couldn't take it. I ended up drinking most of the bottle.

Yeah, I wussed out pretty early. My brother liked the spice but not the base beer, so he wouldn't drink it. I think it's a lesson to get my feet wet first before I get in over my head.

Habanero IPA. Nice homebrew but I tried a new method of dry hop that left it a little grassy. Oh well, still fairly good.

2012-12-25_20-51-59_248.jpg

Lushife said:
I gotta look for that is anything like Brooklyn Black Choclate?

No I think they would be pretty different. The Brooklyn Black is a Russian Imperial Stout at 10%abv, while Rogues is an American stout at 6%abv. I've never had the Brooklyn, so now I need to go find me one.

No work tomorrow? So: Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Verhaeghe Duchesse De Bourgogne, Harpoon White IPA, and another Breckendrige Vanilla Porter.

Good night so far ...

morticus said:
No I think they would be pretty different. The Brooklyn Black is a Russian Imperial Stout at 10%abv, while Rogues is an American stout at 6%abv. I've never had the Brooklyn, so now I need to go find me one.

Sounds good. As long as it doesn't taste like Sam Smith's organic Chocolate I'll probably love. I'm gonna be on the prowl for it.

Lushife said:
Sounds good. As long as it doesn't taste like Sam Smith's organic Chocolate I'll probably love. I'm gonna be on the prowl for it.

Happy hunting. Let me know if you can't find any. I could probably send you some. I visit Rogues brewery every couple weeks. Which reminds me I'm out of Mogul Madness!

morticus said:
Happy hunting. Let me know if you can't find any. I could probably send you some. I visit Rogues brewery every couple weeks. Which reminds me I'm out of Mogul Madness!

I'm gonna check the Wholefoods today and maybe call Spirits. If I can't find it I might take you up on that.

My English IPA

HPIM1710.jpg

This is the one I hit with 8 ozs of EKG and challengers in the last 20 mins. Turned out real bitter and hoppy but the caramel malt still shows up. Pretty much what I wanted from the grain bill. I coulda dry hopped it a bit more and probably shoulda thrown some fuggle into the late hopping mix on top of the other two, but overall it turned out really nice. :mug:

Back