World of Beer - Viera, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20091204/BUSINESS/912040312/1003/rss03

SWMBO and I checked this place out last night. I felt like a kid in a candy store. :drunk: I'm on my work computer which is blocking their actual website otherwise I'd post that. From that page you can sign up to receive weekly phone texts with new beers and drink specials.

What I found interesting is that they didn't use a single tap for BMC products, not even Blue Moon or Shock Top. Every beer ordered at our table was served in the proper glass style too. They do not serve food but you are welcome to bring food in and/or order out from other places in the complex. We ordered a pizza from nearby Pizza Gallery and had it delivered to our table. Good times indeed.

I think I'll have to take SWMBO shopping in Viera much more often...as I don't know of any place with even half the tap selection North of here on the space coast.

Has anybody else been here yet or plan to go?

Sounds like a great place... I'm in the process of transferring back to Florida, we'll be living in Tampa but I work in outside sales and cover the entire state, so I expect at some point I'll be passing through Viera heading between J'Ville and West Palm, so I'll have to stop by there and check it out!

Sounds like a great place... I'm in the process of transferring back to Florida, we'll be living in Tampa but I work in outside sales and cover the entire state, so I expect at some point I'll be passing through Viera heading between J'Ville and West Palm, so I'll have to stop by there and check it out!

There's a great WOB in Westchase, a section of western Tampa. It's on Linebaugh Ave.

my wife and I just went to the one in Westchase this weekend. LOVED IT!!!

from what I understand all of the other ones around Tampa have nice looking female bartenders but the two guys behind the bar at this one were VERY knowledgable about their beer and I tried many different flavors. I've got pics of most of em too ;)

my wife and I just went to the one in Westchase this weekend. LOVED IT!!!

from what I understand all of the other ones around Tampa have nice looking female bartenders but the two guys behind the bar at this one were VERY knowledgable about their beer and I tried many different flavors. I've got pics of most of em too ;)
You mean the nice looking female bartenders right?

There is a WOB by me in Sarasota, FL, just south of Tampa. I was talking to the manager/bartenders and they have to go through an intensive beer education program offered through the company. They also have to do repeat competency exams every year or so.

The WOB by me also has breweries come once a month on the first Tuesday. Not sure if they do that at every location. A few months ago they had Dogfish Head reps (supposedly Sam, the owner of Dogfish was supposed to come but that didn't happen)....that was quite a night to say the least. They had amazing kegs you can't find anywhere else -- Raison D'Etre, Midas, Burton Baton, 120, Fort, Immort, Pangea, and Theobroma.

WOB rocks.

They opened a WOB near UCF in east Orlando which is very close to me. Tried it last night and the place was pretty full, looks like it will be a big success (location, location, location!). Very nice selection of draft beers, a few of which are nitros. I had a nitro Old Speckled Hen (my first OSH), draft Fort Collins Big Shot Hazelnut Brown Ale (seasonal), and draft Southern Tier Oak (seasonal RIS). All were good and poured perfectly in the correct glass.

And it's right next to a Pei Wei which is a bonus imo (LOTS of restaurants in a small area there).

They opened a WOB near UCF in east Orlando which is very close to me. Tried it last night and the place was pretty full, looks like it will be a big success (location, location, location!). Very nice selection of draft beers, a few of which are nitros. I had a nitro Old Speckled Hen (my first OSH), draft Fort Collins Big Shot Hazelnut Brown Ale (seasonal), and draft Southern Tier Oak (seasonal RIS). All were good and poured perfectly in the correct glass.

And it's right next to a Pei Wei which is a bonus imo (LOTS of restaurants in a small area there).

That is awesome. Living in Titusville, UCF is a pretty easy shot down HWY 50. Now I have two WOBs within about the same driving distance.

Craft beer bars on the central/North Brevard side just don't exist. There is literally no place to get any selection of craft between WOB Viera and Big Planet in Edgewater. Glad to see that at least surrounding areas are giving more options. :rockin:

They are about to open one on Howard Ave. in S. Tampa. Don't know when, but I drive by all the time, and they are working on it.

That is awesome. Living in Titusville, UCF is a pretty easy shot down HWY 50. Now I have two WOBs within about the same driving distance.

Craft beer bars on the central/North Brevard side just don't exist. There is literally no place to get any selection of craft between WOB Viera and Big Planet in Edgewater. Glad to see that at least surrounding areas are giving more options. :rockin:
WOB being so close to UCF has its perks.;)

[/dirtyoldman]

Latest posts

Back