South East Brewery Tour...suggestions??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sshamash

Reaction score
Hi All,

Planning a brewery tour with a few buddies, one fellow HBer, starting in the DC area. We want to head down South (mostly East), so far we have a few places in North Carolina to go to, but we are down to go to any of the states around there if is a something good. We only have a few so far, and none of them are definite, but here is what we have so far:

Aviator Brewing (NC)
Your Gnometown Brewery (NC)
Mother Earl Brewing (NC)
Piscah Brewing (NC)

Any suggestions? Or advice?

NC, VA, WV, TN, KY, SC, etc are all feasible options!

Cheers,
Saul

In Richmond, VA: Hardywood has some great barrel-aged beers
In Asheville, NC: The Wedge brewery--every one of the 7 beers I tried there was absolutely FANTASTIC!

You need to go to Asheville if you're hitting NC. It's quickly becoming the beer capital of the east coast. Also, if your heading into Georgia I highly recommend Terrapin (in Athens GA) and/or Sweetwater (in Atlanta)

Skip WV entirely it is a craft beer wasteland.

Westbrook and coast in Charleston SC

Look into skullcoast brewing. I'm not sure what there deal is, they distributed kegs and were supposed to be opening a large facility. They make in your face American style beers, quite good.

Near Charlottesville VA there are a bunch of breweries. Wild wolf, blue mountain, devils backbone. None were great but I like some of wild wolfs beers.

Back