Anybody see U of L??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic (is college hoops ever ON topic?), but regarding the UL/UK game, I really appreciated the network video/intro of Trombone Shorty (Do to Me) before the game. That was classy, fun, and appropriate for New Orleans. And, yeah, I'm a Troy Andrews fan.

And the rest: Pitino scandal was ugly, and I hated the way the Louisville media just kept at it, right up to her incarceration, but that had nothing to do with college sports. They even had the nerve to publicize her tell all book (Her book!) during all of this.

I would love to be proud of UK basketball, and I am, but this is Kentucky and we will always be wary of these coaches. I hope Calipari is not breaking any rules. Not sure what my point is, but One-and-done will always raise eye brows, and for good reason. As a Hoosier fan, you really don't want NCAA problems!

Wetfoot said:
Slightly off topic (is college hoops ever ON topic?), but regarding the UL/UK game, I really appreciated the network video/intro of Trombone Shorty (Do to Me) before the game. That was classy, fun, and appropriate for New Orleans. And, yeah, I'm a Troy Andrews fan.

And the rest: Pitino scandal was ugly, and I hated the way the Louisville media just kept at it, right up to her incarceration, but that had nothing to do with college sports. They even had the nerve to publicize her tell all book (Her book!) during all of this.

I would love to be proud of UK basketball, and I am, but this is Kentucky and we will always be wary of these coaches. I hope Calipari is not breaking any rules. Not sure what my point is, but One-and-done will always raise eye brows, and for good reason. As a Hoosier fan, you really don't want NCAA problems!

One and done is unfortunately a product of the system, no Calipari. He can recruit the best players because he promises them a good draft I the NBA which is what they want. Young kids playing basketball dream of playing in the NBA, not necessarily of playing in college.

Calipari has stated he doesn't support the rule but it is the rule, so why criticize him for following it. And what about all the other big coaches who had players leave? What's so bad with one and done and not two and done or three and done. They still didn't graduate and they most likely stayed because their draft stock wasn't great.

Props to Indiana though, very impressed with the team. The fans? Not so much. They were talking some serious trash.

The NBA is the whoreish start of all of the problems.

That is why I will never watch it.

At least the NFL has a rule or 2 about kids playing a man's sport.

cheezydemon3 said:
The NBA is the whoreish start of all of the problems.

That is why I will never watch it.

At least the NFL has a rule or 2 about kids playing a man's sport.

I agree, I don't care much for the NBA or the NCAA. Both are interested in money, not the players.

Back