My latest DIY project: UberFridge (temp controller with web interface)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elkoe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would like to share my latest project: Uberfridge

It is a temperature controller for my fridge, that runs on Arduino + a DD-WRT router. It has a web interface via WiFi, data logging and temperature profiles.

See the video in the link for a quick overview.

Very nice! Thanks for posting code and the links to help others. I just got a arduino and eithernet shield to play with so I might build a something similar.

that's rad. how long did it take you to get this all working. I've been learning python and this looks like something I could test my skills with.

Nice work! Are you data logging to the Wifi router or does your script push the data straight into a Google Spreadsheet?

I'm working on a arduino controller for my brew session. I'd like to log the data, but all I've been doing so far is pushing it over serial to my laptop to generate a CSV file. Pushing it straight into a Google Spreadsheet sounds like a simple alternative. Using a router to do it is a great way to get an embedded computer into my control panel and eliminate the laptop from the setup. Google Spreadsheets work so well with their Visualization API, you don't even have to write a data->JSON conversion script like you would with database query.

Nice work! Are you data logging to the Wifi router or does your script push the data straight into a Google Spreadsheet?

I'm working on a arduino controller for my brew session. I'd like to log the data, but all I've been doing so far is pushing it over serial to my laptop to generate a CSV file. Pushing it straight into a Google Spreadsheet sounds like a simple alternative. Using a router to do it is a great way to get an embedded computer into my control panel and eliminate the laptop from the setup. Google Spreadsheets work so well with their Visualization API, you don't even have to write a data->JSON conversion script like you would with database query.

Everything you just said, could very well be in a foreign language... :drunk:

The router logs the data on USB storage, in JSON and CSV format. I use the spreadsheet only to set a temperature profile. A day generates 1440 data points, so a spreadsheet would get very large.
Google has a library for python to generate the JSON files. I just have to recombine them in JavaScript to one big JSON file before drawing the chart.

Excellent write up! I'm going to be doing much the same thing with my kegerator once it's rebuilt.

I was looking to purchase a fridge for fermentation and was just going to slap a standard controller on it but now it seems I have found a good project for the winter.

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my latest project: Uberfridge

It is a temperature controller for my fridge, that runs on Arduino + a DD-WRT router. It has a web interface via WiFi, data logging and temperature profiles.

See the video in the link for a quick overview.

Outstanding!!! I needed a reason to use a small cpu, didn't have one till today! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back