Recent issue with girlfriend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pfft. Do Like I did with Twilight (far FAR worse than Yogi IMO). Insist on going to the late show at a theater that serves beer. I ordered 3 Great Divide Titan IPAs the moment I sat down. Downed 'em all before the trailers were up and slept like a baby.

Just go. It's not going to hurt. It's probably just a test anyhow, you know, to see how much you love her.

Go and watch the movie with her. Then torture her with horrible Yogi impressions for the next few weeks! You can even call HER Boo Boo.

My wife sometimes complains because I never go watch her Chick Flicks with her. She says that she always goes and sees the stupid Man Movies when they come out. I point out that I never actually MAKE her go watch those movies! I don't see how you can enjoy coercing someone to watch a movie that they aren't going to want to watch. Wouldn't you feel guilty about it?

My wife knows that I will go see movies that aren't that bad, and there are movies that I am simply NOT going to watch, period. Just as there are things that she isn't going to do either...

If I don't want to see a movie I just tell her and she says ok and finds one of her gal friends to go with her. If she doesn't want to see something I want to see I download it or see it with somebody else. No arguments, no excuses, no deals, no negotiations. However, if she really wanted to see something with me that I had no interest in, I'd go because I know at some point roles will be reversed and she would say yes.

I'm guessing you can't just tell her you don't want to go without any blowback. My thought is you should get in touch with some of her friends and find a time for one or several of her friends to get together and see the movie. Then once you have it all planned out, tell your gal you would rather spend time doing something interactive with her (e.g. dinner) than see a movie you don't want to see but that so and so wants to see it with her. It's going to be hard for her to be mad at you for wanting to spend time with her and going out of your way to make plans for her to see it. Or you could just suck it up and see it with her.

What I did was say, "OK" and then never went. I just came up with alternative things to do besides going to see a movie. If you can just make up other stuff to do for a couple of weeks, that movie is sure to bomb out of the theater quick enough that you won't have to worry about it again until it comes out on DVD.

Ding! Ding! Ding! :rockin:
We have a winner.

Trust me, I've tried the route of saying "No" or "Umm, your joking, right?"
Better to just agree and she'll get pre-occupied with something else soon enough to forget.
And hey, if she does actually get you to go? You have a get out of Jail free card.

Go and watch the movie with her. Then torture her with horrible Yogi impressions for the next few weeks! You can even call HER Boo Boo.

...and insist she call you Mr. Ranger.

She'll never ask again!:ban:

This came up for me again last night. Saw a commercial for that "Black Swan" movie. My wife said she really wants me to go see it with her. She thinks that just because I had a boner for NP for many years that I'll instantly go watch whatever movie she is in.

Ok, so that's nearly true. I'm not into thrillers, especially psychological thrillers, but I'll agree to go see this movie with her because she really wants me to go. It has nothing to do with the fact that there is a girl-on-girl action scene with Natalie and Mila AT ALL!

In my own deluded mind I imagine that the real reason my wife wants to see this movie is for the girl-on-girl action between Natalie and Mila...

But, seriously, no I'm not going to watch Yogi bear. (But I'm taking the kids to see TRON, because every young person should have a chance to experience a portion of their parents' you lives.)

So, I've been emailing the wife about the upcoming Trans Siberian Orchestra concert that I just bought tickets for and let her know that I can take some time off on Thursday if she wanted to go see that new movie, Black Swan.

She said since it's not playing around here, we should go to Grand Rapids and then she will take me out to dinner at FOUNDERS BREWING!

Hells yeah! :rockin:

What if you get her really, really hammered, and then tell her in the morning that you guys saw the movie and she hated it?

The "Have you tried killing her?" comment cracked me up..

Funny thread! :D

But seriously, you could always buy her two tickets to the movies, and a gift certificate for a nice lunch somewhere, and tell her "Merry Christmas! It's a gift from me to you and your mom." Kill several birds with one stone...

My wife wants to see Black Swan. A movie about ballerinas. Then I realized there's a sub plot of Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman having a lesbian love affair, with Mila going down on Natalie's character, then after she wipes Natalie off of her mouth, Mila tries to suffocate Natalie with a pillow. I'm in.

Back