Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine.
Hmmm, a lot like mine....awesome!

20140404_132737.jpg

20140404_132825.jpg

20140404_132243.jpg

Here are some images of the rig I built. My main goal was to have on board storage and as much as possible in one place. After many many hours of research on this forum, and others, this is the final result.

What you don't see in the images below are the two 6 foot folding tables that clip on to the sides of the rig. With this setup I roll this baby out of the garage, hook up a water hose, run a cord to power up the pumps, and light the burners. I can be heating strike water inside 15 minutes.

Full View of rig. The surfaces on the right side fold down to shorten the overall length.

The tall end has a Storage Locker. The Bus tubs are used for storage but get pulled out and become sinks for cleaning and sanitizing.

I decided to go with two pumps, even though my HLT is up high.

I tucked a spare outlet and the water filter under the top.

With the water manifold I run one hose to the house and then attach additional hoses. One goes over to a table with my sink setup.

I'm using 1/4 turn gas valves now but plan on going to needle valves for greater control. I put my pump switches in an easy to reach location.

My version of the Hop Spider.

Here are some images of the rig I built. My main goal was to have on board storage and as much as possible in one place. After many many hours of research on this forum, and others, this is the final result.

What you don't see in the images below are the two 6 foot folding tables that clip on to the sides of the rig. With this setup I roll this baby out of the garage, hook up a water hose, run a cord to power up the pumps, and light the burners. I can be heating strike water inside 15 minutes.

Full View of rig. The surfaces on the right side fold down to shorten the overall length.

The tall end has a Storage Locker. The Bus tubs are used for storage but get pulled out and become sinks for cleaning and sanitizing.

I decided to go with two pumps, even though my HLT is up high.

I tucked a spare outlet and the water filter under the top.

With the water manifold I run one hose to the house and then attach additional hoses. One goes over to a table with my sink setup.

I'm using 1/4 turn gas valves now but plan on going to needle valves for greater control. I put my pump switches in an easy to reach location.

Looks great..man I really like the added storage...
As a side note....in photo #3 is that a chicken in the background? :)

That is one bad ass rig. What kind of lids are you using cause if it were mine all the water n grains would just fall out.
Is that what they call a gravity rig?

sloanfamilydsm - The water and grains would fall out? hu?

The lids I use for the HTL and BK are simply the cut-out from cutting off the top of the keg.

After a year of brewing mini mash I finally built a Brutus and here it is:

I made it out of a few old bed frames that were lying around. I just brewed my first all grain batch last week and everything seemed to work well with no major problems.
I'll be painting it this weekend as it's finally warmed up here in Aurora.

2014-03-22 10.06.49.jpg

Here are some images of the rig I built. My main goal was to have on board storage and as much as possible in one place. After many many hours of research on this forum, and others, this is the final

Your pictures are upside down. But it looks like an awesome set-up!!!

I just modified mine again. It was so tall I had to get on a ladder to empty the MT, and I put the pumps exactly underneath the bottom drains so they got dripped on the first time I disconnected a hose. :eek:
IMG_1448.jpg

The modified version is smaller and the pumps are off to the side so they don't get dripped in (at least not much). I also added another pump for back to back batches. As soon as I can scavenge some long planks I'll make the bottom level a shelf.
IMG_1684.jpg

Custom formed stainless tubing?! Well now that's just showing off! :)

Kidding, that's an awesome rig, I guess you really are a "welderbyday"!

Side note: if you're interested in going into the business of forming/welding custom tubing with tri-clamp connections like that, and can do it at a reasonable price, I'll be your first customer.

I do it all day long buid ice cream plants, dairys, food plants etc. I made up a thread saying I would weld up stuff for anyone for trades or money and got a bunch of sh@@ so I just stopped offering.

Hear is My 5 gallon system going to go bigger in time.

Nice, has that TP-Link wireless bridge worked well for you? I have the netgear bridge and it loses connection from inside the box during brews, really annoying. I have to leave the door open on the box during brewing, which kinda defeats the purpose of buying a NEMA enclosure. If that TP-Link bridge works with the box closed, I'm gonna get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice, has that TP-Link wireless bridge worked well for you? I have the netgear bridge and it loses connection from inside the box during brews, really annoying. I have to leave the door open on the box during brewing, which kinda defeats the purpose of buying a NEMA enclosure. If that TP-Link bridge works with the box closed, I'm gonna get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Why don't you get a bulkhead antenna connector and put the antenna outside the box? I'm not sure what the netgear has for an antenna connector, but this is what I use:

http://store.wisp-router.com/Ufl6-RPTNCFB-.4

The netgear may have rpsma instead of the RPTNC. If you take a picture or even give me a model number, I can tell you what you should get.

Hear is My 5 gallon system going to go bigger in time.

I really like that it's all enclosed and hidden/protected when you aren't using it. That is a great idea that I shall steal immediately. Thanks for the inspiration! :mug:

My plan is to have my brewing room be my man cave as well and I really like the idea of having a stealthed system liked this. It will look a lot better than having several ghetto Sputniks on a stand in the corner.

I like having spaceships lying around. It's a great conversation starter. "No that's not a methlab!"

Well Where I live I got to be stealth I was told by the landlord that I couldn't use propane around hear for brewing so I went all out and had this done. It was a long road and is still not done yet I got some plumbing to do but I can brew just the way it is. I have the room in there to go to a 15 gallon system.

Here's my build, cannot weld but know how to use wrenches and sockets:D, done with struts, burners mounted, now waiting for the hardware for the plumbing and figure out how to mount the 2 chuggers.... took me all week with about 3 hrs everynight after work, can't wait to pop her cherry:D

20140426_165530.jpg

Used it for the first time yesterday. I think the thermometer in the mash is too low. It made 10 gallons of beer anyhow. I added a cover for the pump motor as suggested by another member.

IMG_1190.jpg

Used it for the first time yesterday. I think the thermometer in the mash is too low. It made 10 gallons of beer anyhow. I added a cover for the pump motor as suggested by another member.

Is that some kind of priming valve or just a cap on the t.

Very nice rig. I would suggest you shorten the hoses as much as possible, you will have very few priming issues and will be able to control the flow for sparging much more precisely. Also, what kind of paint did you use? I have a galvanized strut stand and am thinking about painting it. No burn off?

The cap is there with the thought of priming valve. I did not need it so removed it. The paint is just a gloss enamel on bottom and high heat stove paint by cooking surface.
I will try a shorter hose on the input side, Thanks

Back