Harvested my Galena

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razyrsharpe

Reaction score
i just harvested the hop cones from my galena today. some were turning brown and all were very papery and dry so i thought it was time to pick 'em. there is not much of a discernable odor from them, however. it is the first season that i have planted so i am chalking it up to my inexperience, but shouldn't there be an odor?
i also have nugget, willamette, and hallertauer vines growing (cascade did not come up) but none have grown like the galena, and only the nugget have produced cones (besides the aforementioned galena). i am being patient and hope to see an increase in production over the next couple of years.
i am as excited as a little girl! :rockin:

I am assuming that hops are perennials, and based on past exp, long term perennials such as grape vines don't do much other than grow the first 2 or 3 years of life, you will get a small amount (if any) the first couple of years, but after that you can start to expect an increase in yield for many years to come, with proper care of course.:)

Back