Airlock - No bubbles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydigital

Reaction score
I brewed a wheat beer. perfectly to 5gal line in the bucket.

Went to bed and woke up beer coming out the airlock..it was just foaming out.

now i dont see any bubbles--and i havnt noticed any since that day..
and i bucketed it a week from today.
\
(airlock is halfway filled with a beer/water)

(ITS AT 68 degree F)

When brewing wheats... always, I mean always use a blow off...

If you brewed a week or so ago, fermentation is probably finished and maybe finished 4 days or so ago. Still, it's good to let it sit at least a week or longer before bottling or racking into another fermentor for conditioning.

You shouldn't have an airlock filled with water and beer, though- when the airlock gets contaminated, you should remove it and clean it and refill it with a little sanitizer or vodka and replace it.

Im not going to bottle until Sunday.
If i take out the airlock all the stuff around it will drop in....and the inside of arilock will leak into the beer....no?
Should i just leave it? since its been like that for a week.

I'd clean up the stuff around the airlock. Then I'd take out the airlock, clean it up and put it back in filled with new sanitiser or vodka. (vodka's easier)

My thinking is that since it's probably finished fermenting, there's no longer pressure in the bucket. If things cool down over the next half week, it could suck that beer/water mix back into the bucket.

Right- clean it up, remove the airlock, clean it and put vodka in it and pop it back on. You need to have a clean airlock. I've cleaned airlocks almost every brew!

Latest posts

Back