What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is.. figurd out how to upload from new app... finally! Much easier and it didn't crash!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1387664436522.jpg

Except I can't see the pic!

Edit: never mind! Got it!! Good beer!! I'm gonna miss that one!

Im sure I can help you out with that. Got it in a holiday pack . Four smokestack beers (tank 7,dRk truth,double wide and sixth glass) and a boulevard tulip glass. :mug: it reminds me of bcbs but not as thick and more drinkable. After one bcbs it feels like I drank a glass of Nyquil

Yep, I am a Mr Beer user and so far am pleased with the ease and convience of the system and the flexibility to experiment. And yes thats the West Coast Pale Ale mix that came with the kit.

I am looking forward to the all malt batch that is in the fermenter now. The krausen head that formed on my all malt brew was much thicker and richer looking than the ones made with booster.

As far as the recipe that combines Mr. beer Mix and dark malt and booster, I just made it up based on the alcohol percentages that the Mr Beer guide book says you'll get from their various ingredients.

Great label!! Is that ben Franklin? Lol. With a label like that im sure the beer is phenomenal

What the shizz.. it quoted the wrong post

Im sure I can help you out with that. Got it in a holiday pack . Four smokestack beers (tank 7,dRk truth,double wide and sixth glass) and a boulevard tulip glass. :mug: it reminds me of bcbs but not as thick and more drinkable. After one bcbs it feels like I drank a glass of Nyquil

You have regular access to Dark Truth? I get Boulevard in PA, but not seen that here. I'm sure we can work out something if so!!

Now on to a Big Black Voodoo Daddy!!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387667614.313137.jpg

2nd pour while me and swmbo prepare a meal. Ghetto ratatouille (<---think thats right) and some baked chicken in a herb and italian dressing marinade and some simple pasta with some light garlic and oil.

image-1999373177.jpg

You have regular access to Dark Truth? I get Boulevard in PA, but not seen that here. I'm sure we can work out something if so!!

Now on to a Big Black Voodoo Daddy!!View attachment 167340

Do you get the other Smokestack stuff there? It's at the grocery in NC.

View attachment 167341
Bit heavy on the coriander, but that could just be my nose tonight.

Smells like a glass full of stink bugs

I've never gotten 'stink bug' from coriander. Place in Ashveille did a cucumber and juniper abomination that smelled exactly like stink bug to me.

Unfortunately, there are way to many, wannabe rocket scientist, in these forums to get accurate information, Saison's are brewed with Brittanomyces, a totally different animal than most brew yeast. Also my guess is you bought a yeast starter for this from one of the big yeast suppliers. Not only does it contain Lactobacillus,, same bacteria in sour dough bread, also produces lactic acid, Brettanomyces, entirely a different yeast strain from most yeast in brewing, and Pediococcus, a bacteria that produces acetic acid. These bacteria are present in your environment, when you concentrate them in a brewing situation, you will cross contaminate every thing in the area, they are hard to kill.
So don't let these guys lead you to believe there is no problem. You, Sumo have identified a problem, so extreme sanitation will be needed, beyond a little starsan.

I really wish people would make sure they know what they are talking about, before giving out poor advice. You do no one any favors, talking out your azz. :)

Good luck Sumo, let us know how the clean-up goes.

Post of the year!!!!:D (from another thread where the OP was concerned saison yeast had infected their equipment)

In the interest of being vaguely on topic, I'm having a coffee brown ale, I think it's peaked already, I can see about half this batch getting bumped. Went a little of the rails on the recipe.

Best laid Saturday night plans have gone awry. :(
Alas, I'll drink this Moo-Hoo and watch A Nightmare Before Christmas.
image.jpg

Pretty good DIPA. Got this in an early xmas present package from SWMBO. A. Bunch of brews not locally available. She told me she mostly went off of a list of winners at the GABF. Shes logical if nothing else!

Very appreciative and grateful. Expanding her beer knowledge lately has been pne of my favkrite activities. Slloppy saturdays is great. Hey buke! Dod weekly win the vote?

image-425665940.jpg

Post of the year!!!!:D (from another thread where the OP was concerned saison yeast had infected their equipment)

That makes my head hurt!!

Finishing off Celebration #2 and trying to decide between some Sculpin, G'Night, or my blood orange/white peppercorn saison :fro:

Back