Inconsistant pours with beergas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlejon326

Reaction score
I have my guinness clone hooked up to a beergas mix. the first pour always comes out with a nice thick creamy head and the waterfall effect. any drinks immediately after, unless i let it sit for awhile, will result in plain looking beer with no waterfall and a very very very small ammount of head. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Out of curiosity, are you using a stout tap, what is the beergas PSI on the keg, and to what level is the beer carbed?

I should have been more specific. I carbed it to 2.0 volumes with co2, then hooked it up to my beergas. Tried setting beergas from 25-30psi with same results. And yes, running it on a stout tap

I'm not sure what your CO2 PSI was, but typically (due to the mix of gas) I would recommend setting your beer gas PSI 2 to 3 times what your would have it at on regular CO2. Your pressure sounds about right, probably 36 max. Did you check for leaks in your system? I'm thinking MAYBE (stab in the dark) you might have an air leak near your out post/beer line connection.

Back