Best kegging fridge on Amazon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tek210

Reaction score
Have been looking for a kegerator second hand for a bit but it looks like I am going to have suck it up and buy one. Looking for a recommendation on a good choice for a 2 cornie system that is available on amazon. Trying to stay around $200.

Do you seriously expect to get something good that will last for $200?

If you don't have the money, simply save on top of that $200 and buy a good kegerator. Why pay $200 now, it go out shortly after and you are back to square one minus $200?

I am looking for one also but I will not buy a cheapo for the exact reason I just mentioned.

You might wanna check craigslist.com in your area.

Good luck

It used to be the Sanyo 4912, but I've heard they stopped making it.

I believe that a suitable alternative is the Oster 5.0.

EDIT: I thought you were looking for a fridge to convert to a kegerator, not a fully functioning kegerator for 200 bones. Listen to Panzermann.

Do you seriously expect to get something good that will last for $200?

If you don't have the money, simply save on top of that $200 and buy a good kegerator. Why pay $200 now, it go out shortly after and you are back to square one minus $200?

I am looking for one also but I will not buy a cheapo for the exact reason I just mentioned.

You might wanna check craigslist.com in your area.

Good luck

Is there seriously not one fridge alone for even say $250 out there? Not expecting the whole deal just the fridge. Saw a decent small freezer chest at home depot for less than $200.

Do you seriously expect to get something good that will last for $200? Good luck

Why not? You can get a good NEW chest freezer for around $200. You have to remember it will run a fraction of the time that a normal freezer would. It should last a good long time.

Why not? You can get a good NEW chest freezer for around $200. You have to remember it will run a fraction of the time that a normal freezer would. It should last a good long time.

My response was to him asking about getting an actual Kegerator for $200...not a good idea IMO.

Now of course like you said he can buy a new freezer and convert it.

My response was to him asking about getting an actual Kegerator for $200...not a good idea IMO.

Now of course like you said he can buy a new freezer and convert it.

My bad here, I was just looking to find the fridge that would work well as kegger and was on Amazon, free shipping and no sales tax is nice.

Still wondering if anyone has found a good fridge that can be converted on Amazon. Would prefer the fridge over a freezer as I want to do a dual tap tower.

I am budgeting about $250 for the internal hardware, I know the overall setup will not be cheap, but it will be worth it.

Back