kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnDeFiNeD_EK-808

Reaction score
I got a fire rock clone carbed in my keg and wanted to bring it to a party. Problem is at the party there will be no fridge for my setup. So my question is would it be ok to put my keg on ice and serve.. i have an aeb ball lock keg.

I got a fire rock clone carbed in my keg and wanted to bring it to a party. Problem is at the party there will be no fridge for my setup. So my question is would it be ok to put my keg on ice and serve.. i have an aeb ball lock keg.

I took a keg of IIPA (awesome recipe, Chinook, Cascade, Amarillo and Citra, made my nose hairs tremble ;) ) down to my oldest son's home over the holidays, brought one of my gas rigs, and stuck the keg in a kitchen size trash barrel filled with ice. We murdered that poor keg. There were no survivors...

Cheers!

Buy a cheap plastic trash can. Drill a hole in the top for the tap and put the keg and CO2 tank on ice in the trash can. My trash can is on wheels and takes two kegs. I'm like an adult ice cream man in the neighborhood during the summer. Portable beer is popular. :mug:

Buy a cheap plastic trash can. Drill a hole in the top for the tap and put the keg and CO2 tank on ice in the trash can. My trash can is on wheels and takes two kegs. I'm like an adult ice cream man in the neighborhood during the summer. Portable beer is popular. :mug:

Do you or anybody else got any pics of this being done? Sounds like a good idea woul love to see pics so i can get some ideas

jockey box is your other option. you can swap out the sankey connection in a minute. i find them a pain personally, and would go with the suggestions above, but if you can rent one for a couple bucks they are fine really

Back