How Hard is Winter on my Brutus Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, it has been in the teens for a couple days now and winter has really started to set in and it got me thinking. Is my brutus clone going to be ok in the garage at these cold a$$ temps? Specifically im worried about the love controllers, and not so much the pumps and asco's.

If SWMBO decides I can brew this winter is there a specific warm up process i can do to get it ready? IE heat the garage up for a half hour or something before i turn it on. (im not finished with it but the control panel is basically done. I just got to run the pump wires into it and im almost GTG

Everything should be fine. Only thing I would ever worry about is after use making sure all liquid is out of everything. Could freez and split lines and what not.

Controllers should be fine, I would warm things up in there for my comfort. Good rule of thumb, make it comfortable for you and the electronics should be happy too.

Back