Hello from Orlando, Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardCoded

Reaction score
Well I thought I would at least introduce myself before I dive in and start posting.

I basically live in sunny Orlando, Florida. A nice little place a little to hot most of the time, but us Floridians live here for this time of year right now, lol.

I have never brewed my own beer before, but have been fortunate enough to drink quite a bit of the stuff.

My brother and I had always talked about giving it a go, and recently when we migrated our website Beer Goggle Hell from Coldfusion code that I had written to a wordpress backend we decided we should give it a shot. Our site was previously just a place to have user submitted drinking stories and drinking games. With the addition of the blogging we decided that would be something kind of cool to write about. You know two people who know a lot about drinking beer and none about making it putting down there first attempt at brewing on their blog.

So anyway as long winded as that was I am here to do some research before we get started brewing for the first time, and also possibly make some new friends.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Orlando. Let me say that our only LHBS is Hearts Home Brew and their service SUCKS, but they do have product. Also you should try the bar Red Light Red Light on bennet Rd. Its the best beer bar in town. What are your favorite styles of beer? Maybe we could meet up for a pub crawl sometime.

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am familiar with Harts over in Rosemont. You are righ about customer service, but I kind of understand why. They seem to get a lot of rude customers in there.

I enjoy a wide range of beers and it really depends on my mood. Always up for a good Irish bar though. I will have to check out that bar you recommended. Always up for a new watering hole. :)

hello! i hope to be joining you soon. i'm in indianapolis,indiana right now. i interviewed for a job on tuesday down in orlando though. i should hear next week if i got the job or not. anyways, welcome! let me know if i can ever be of any help.

oh, and btw, there's a really kick @ss little tiny hole in the wall german place in orlando, called something like baren staube, something like that, anyways, they have kostritzer schwarzbier on tap. mmmmm. and great food too.

Yeah I think it is calle Baran Staube and your right about that one for sure!

Are you guys talking about Bauern Stube? ;)
btw... Welcome :D

Welcome HC,

Check out Orlando Brewing Company (Atlanta Ave.) The guys there started in a garage a few years ago and now have a great brewery. There is a home brewers group that meets there (not sure when), the people are cool and I'm betting they would have some helpful info for folks getting started. I was down there for the summer/fall of 2007 and got to know the place pretty well (too well if you ask SWMBO).

BH

Welcome! If you haven't done so already check out the local homebrew club CFHB that meets at Rossi's. Lots of good people and they helped me get going. I agree with the post about Heart's. It's nice to have a place to pick stuff up last minute but I always seem to leave there annoyed about something. Prices aren't too bad and selection is pretty good for the size of the place though so I still buy from there to keep them in business. As a newbie I'd suggest you ask someone so go with you to pick stuff out or figure out exactly what you want from his online catalog before you go in...

Back